UKC

GEAR REVIEW: eVent Fabric - as good as claimed? by Tom Dixon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 30 Apr 2007
Tom Dixon writes:

"Now I’m a fan of soft-shells personally but I also live in the Lake District which means I spend most of the winter, and a good portion of the summer, underwater and therefore if I’m going to be on the hill for any length of time I like to have something which is going to keep the rain out. I have used various Hard Shells in the past and I was often left frustrated at the lack of breathability which each and every one of them displayed. So when the eVent membrane reared its head in the UK I was eager to try one out....."

Read the review of the eVent membrane found on RAB, Montane and CRUX hard shells here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=430
 mr_sceptical 30 Apr 2007
Does anyone have a comparison between Event and Paramo? Latok vs. Aspira/Velez?
 gear boy 30 Apr 2007
In reply to mr_sceptical: paramo more breathable, but gets a bit warm in summer rains, so event better when its warm and wet,
 moo 30 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I had the velez smock before I bought my latok alpine, I loved it and they are mega breathable, but I found them to be too heavy for summer use so i reckon the Latok is better value as a year round jacket.
 Glen 30 Apr 2007
In reply to moo:

I wonder if you are the same Tom from Ambleside that I meet in the campsite in Ailefroid last summer?

Anyway, I shall be getting a Crux Event jacket soon, and am looking forward to the lack of sweatyness.
 moo 30 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

No mate never been to ailforide looks good though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...