UKC

Pembroke Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pmjwales 02 May 2007
Can anyone reccomend a campsite in the south of Pembroke, somewhere near Saddle Head. Thanks
 RichS-Bristol 02 May 2007
In reply to pmjwales: Usually use the one in the field(s behind the church at St Petrox. it has (limited) facilities, but more than at the field at Bosherston - which only has a water supply.

Word of warning - don't p**s off the farmer, though. He holds a grudge as well as anyone I've ever met.
 Paul Bowen 02 May 2007
In reply to pmjwales:

St Petrox is the best campsite, though it is about 2 1/2 miles from Bosherton. 3 toilets with bog roll 2 showers (free hot water) last time it was £5 per tent (small) £8 tent (large) ..that's per tent not per person ... it's the best deal around when you get 6 people sharing £8/night also has a fridge/microwave... Farmer is fine (Billy) just pay up promptly as per the signs don't take the piss... and he's really very helpful... sells milk, eggs,bread etc.

If you want to be closer ie. Bosherton itself them it's just a field/water use public toilets near the lilyponds entrance.
If you've got a van/camper, some people crash in the car park above the old chapel.
 Guy 02 May 2007
In reply to Paul Bowen: £7 and £10 respectively now.
 El Greyo 02 May 2007
In reply to Paul Bowen:

In Bosherston there is also the Glebe Farm camp site next to the Vicar's field which you mentioned. It has a toilet and washing up facilities and a very nice mown lawn to camp on. The owner is very friendly and sells bacon, eggs milk and stuff. Last time I was there it was £2 per tent I think. I like it very much and, unlike St. Petrox, it's close to a pub.
RobE 02 May 2007
In reply to Paul Bowen:

The campsite at Bosherston just by Broadhaven beach has portacabin bogs now.

Caralynh 02 May 2007
In reply to RobE:

One does (Glebe Farm). Vicar's Field still just has a tap. But it's fine, and on a sunny weekend, people are always wandering through the village with towels and wash bags. Public loos seem to be cleaned several times a day, since over Easter they were pristine even with god knows how many pauper climbers using them.
Anyway, either of those sites is fine, and 2 mins from the cafe and pub. I'd rather stay there and have the great vibe, than be a few miles out in a posher site.
 GrahamD 02 May 2007
In reply to Caralynr:

Posher site, but hardly posh !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...