UKC

Crumpler camera bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Wood 02 May 2007
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get crumpler bags in leeds?

Cheers, John
 CJD 02 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

if you can't get one in Leeds you can get them next day delivery at we-sell-crumpler.com or .co.uk or whatever - that's where mine came from.
OP John Wood 02 May 2007
In reply to CJD:

Ta, just need to work out which one will fit the new toy.

Cheers, John
 CJD 02 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

oo have a look at my thread called 'finally' - there was lots of discussion of what fitted best...

I've got a Pretty Boy 3000 which is cool for my camera and a bit of extra space for CJD-rubble (purse, diary, keys, pen, USB cable, more keys, small notebook, er...) but isn't immense. i.e. it'll happily fit another lens, e.g. a 35-80 in it as well, but it's not huge.

if you're going to get lots of lenses and stuff, get a bigger one.
OP John Wood 02 May 2007
In reply to CJD:

Our cameras are about the same size (i think) so that could work.

Not going to get loads of lenses because then I would have to confess as per our pact.

My wish list is a 55-200 VR and a 30 mm (45 mm 35mm eqiv.) prime and that's it. no more. I fink.

Oh also probably some kind of photoshop type thing. But that won't have to go in the camera bag....
OP John Wood 02 May 2007
In reply to CJD:

while we are on the subject what colour did you get?
 CJD 02 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

mine's a very fetching shade of red.

orge 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

http://www.intro2020.co.uk are the main distributor and their stockist locator suggests:

www.theflashcentre.com
www.jacobsdigital.co.uk

Possibly Jessops stock some of the range?

Otherwise, there are loads of mail order places and the Crumpler website has a catalogue with details of their current bags:
http://snipurl.com/1j751

Assuming you want a shoulder bag, something between the mid end of the Pretty Boy Maxi and the bottom end of the Daily's, should fit the bill. I've got a Daily 490 which accomodates a laptop + photo gear + six pack of beer! It's HUGE! .

As for colours, mine's black and yellow, although I think the the Pretty Boy's black and orange is more fetching - CJD, the red one's are nice on the outside, but don't they have a gacky blue interior??

J
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to orge:

mine's got a plain grey interior
OP John Wood 03 May 2007
In reply to orge:

mmmm

Was thinking more of a trianglar type mini one. Possibly
 ebygomm 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood: you can sometimes get them cheap in TK Maxx

Boots sell them too iirc
O Mighty Tim 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD: Gawd, woman. Do you EVER do anything but quote techie stuff these days? Anyone would think you went digital...

TTG 8^)
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to O Mighty Tim:

ha ha, I'm about to have to ask a digi question as I still haven't read the manual... lol
OP John Wood 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to O Mighty Tim)
>
> ha ha, I'm about to have to ask a digi question as I still haven't read the manual... lol

No, you don't have to wind on the sensor, it does it automatically
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

:-|

lol

I've taken about 300 pics so far, pretty much all for work though. everyone's taking the piss out of me 'cos it seems to be round my neck wherever I go!
OP John Wood 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD:

As long as you aren't using it as a teddy at night, that's fine.

Wouldn't be allowed to wear mine in the office, would get looks. Might bring it in tomorrow, have seen some mosiacs at leeds central library that might make a good shot.

Also once of my best mates down south has asked me to press all the buttons on my camera and to stop being excited about it before I see her next, so she doesn't get too bored...

Shows how much she knows. With the D40 menu options are much more important....
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

I've been taking pics for print material - we're saving a fortune on photographer's fees...
OP John Wood 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD:

That's some poor photographer's kids going without shoes then Shouldn't you be charging your work for the photos? primes aren't getting any cheaper!
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

nah, it's all part of give and take, and it gives me more leeway at payrise negotiation time...
O Mighty Tim 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD: As in "Thank you, that saved us a LOT. Can you do it again next year, as we cannot afford to give you a rise" time?

TTG
 CJD 03 May 2007

probably.

i'm still getting the hang of the camera so would feel a bit cheeky charging them.
O Mighty Tim 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD: And? What kind of an excuse is that? If the pictures are OK, they're chargeable...

;^)
 CJD 03 May 2007

hmm, it doesn't really work like that round here, and I'm not sure I'd want it to. if all my colleagues started charging for everything, then the IT chaps wouldn't fix my PC for free, and the finance manager wouldn't bring in homemade biscuits for everyone, and my boss would object to me taking my laptop home to watch films on, etc etc etc.
OP John Wood 03 May 2007
> (In reply to CJD) As in "Thank you, that saved us a LOT. Can you do it again next year, as we cannot afford to give you a rise" time?
>
> TTG

Sounds like rubbish accountacy to me...
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

oi!

OP John Wood 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD:

<ducks>

<cowers>
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:

ha ha!

ooo I've just found the raw files that I thought I lost. my first pic to be printed from the camera is going to be blown up to A3 and printed 5000 times - how exciting! yay!
OP John Wood 03 May 2007
In reply to CJD:

Was that the technical query/ where on my computer is my file?

I've a confession to make. I haven't yet arranged for any digital photos I've taken to be printed, I just review on screen and upload.

Mmm, something for me to address methinks...
 CJD 03 May 2007
In reply to John Wood:
> (In reply to CJD)
>
> Was that the technical query/ where on my computer is my file?

nah, it was about to be about sorting out raw files but I've just mailed them to the designer to sort out as I haven't got the software on my laptop yet, but as I took them in raw + jpeg I can see which ones were nice* and which weren't.

>
> I've a confession to make. I haven't yet arranged for any digital photos I've taken to be printed, I just review on screen and upload.

this is for a print job (for some marketing material) rather than for photographs for the wall...
>
> Mmm, something for me to address methinks...

yes!

*that's a technical term <cough>

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...