UKC

NEWS: Spinal Crack (North Wales) Repeated by Pete Robins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 02 May 2007
Some E8/9's can wait a decade for a repeat. But such is the positive climbing energy in North Wales that things are happening a little faster.

Ray Wood reports:

There were a few contenders vying for repeating Spinal Crack but it was Pete Robins (left) who wasted little time......

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Enoch Root 02 May 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Is a repeat at a grade first achieved almost 25 years ago still newsworthy?
OP Michael Ryan 02 May 2007
In reply to Enoch Root:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> Is a repeat at a grade first achieved almost 25 years ago still newsworthy?

Is not just about the grade.

This is a quick repeat so yes, also this is just a slice of the whole succulent climbing pie that is happening in North Wales that we are reporting on.

News is more than just about numbers, it's about people, community and the experience.

Mick

sandywilson 02 May 2007
In reply to Enoch Root:

Are you getting up many E9s?
 Skyfall 02 May 2007

jeez, great account, can almost feel myself fighting for a decent hold as I read it.

Yes, it was worth reporting.
 danm 02 May 2007
> (In reply to Enoch Root)
> [...]
>

>
> News is more than just about numbers, it's about people, community and the experience.
>

Well said, Mick
 andi turner 03 May 2007

Nice one Pete.
OP Michael Ryan 03 May 2007
In reply to andi turner:

News report updated with some crucial gear beta...from Jack Geldard, the first ascensionist of Spinal Crack.

"Pete did have a wire out left on Spinal Crack, however it wasn't the same one I had, it was about 6 inches higher but also slightly worse - a flared dmm wallnut 1. I didn't bother with it because I thought it wouldn't hold.

He was going to place the flared wallnut 3 I had (slightly lower but slightly better) but got too pumped and had to leave it.

Both placements are placed blind in an extremely strenuous position and are marginal at best."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...