UKC

NEWS: Calling All Climbing Musicians and Musos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 03 May 2007
Hot Aches, the media company behind the award winning E11, the film about Dave MacLeod's ascent of Rhapsody, are well underway filming their latest epic Committed, that will feature some of the hardest and best trad' climbs in the UK.

Filming is still underway and editing has started. They are now appealing for musical contributions for this latest epic.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Regis Von Goatlips 03 May 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Contributions?
I've got a couple of kazoo's and know a woman who would simply love to give away her husbands accordian!
Yrmenlaf 03 May 2007
In reply to Regis Von Goatlips:

Elgar's duet for Double Bass and Trombone would be an ideal accompaniment to ...........

something

Y.
Andy Turner 04 May 2007
Hiya, please check out my website
www.ampproduction.co.uk
I would be please to provide original compositions for this production. I have just finished working on a film called "Girl 23" by Tumbleweed productions. It will be screened at Cannes and all the other festivals this year.
Please feel free to get in touch, I'd be very keen to help out.
 blueshound 04 May 2007

So if you are looking for actual musicians, can I assume there will not be any E11 style "rap" on this film? Maybe I'll buy this one after all!
brothersoulshine 04 May 2007

It'd be great if the news items on the website had their own URL. I've just tried to mail this to a rather good Leeds-based crew but only seem to be able to send the front page of the News section, not the news item in question.
 EricpAndrew 04 May 2007
I wonder how many people on here actually do music production...

I do, but im not very good, and tend to start a track get 75% through it, loose interest, then a week later, start another one,

still if anyone wants about 50g of unfinished tunes they are welcome to em!
 Col Allott 04 May 2007
In reply to EricpAndrew: yeah. I spent the best part of a year recording an album for my band. (review here)
http://www.punk4life.co.uk/cdvinylreviews/cdvinylreviews3.htm
It was a complete pain in the arse, and almost rewarding...

Col Allott 04 May 2007
In reply to Col Allott: --- The Kirkz, BTW
 dodfoster 04 May 2007

not MC Hasta that boy is utter shite! E11 could have been awesome but the music from him was a joke.
 Ched 05 May 2007
Check out "Bela Fleck and the Flecktones"
Bela is the most accomplished Banjo player on the planet and he's teamed up with one of the best Bass players - Victor Wooten. The band play a fusion of Bluegrass / Jazz / Rock. Early Flecktones include some awesome Harmonica that is replaced with Sax on later albums. If you want something different - have a listen.
 EricpAndrew 08 May 2007
In reply to Col Allott: recording is always a pain in the arse, especially with a band!

the most rewarding aspect is when you do the mastering, much less fannying around doing re-records, eliminating nasty noises etc, and making it sound a hundred times better
 dominic_s 08 May 2007
In reply to EricpAndrew: weirdos. recording is the fun part! have a looksy at www.myspace.com/vplrecordings for some tunage. the instant load track is even called pembroke.
DEvans 08 May 2007

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friend...

my friend is a composer and musician. very profesional and very clever. he is worth talking to.

give him a call.

dan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...