UKC

NEWS: New Llanberis Climbers' Pub and Campsite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 08 Jun 2007
The healthy North Wales climbing scene has another arrow in its quiver. If all the access work, rebolting of the slate, a new guidebook, new energy in the BMC Area meetings wasn't enough there is now a new "local' pub and campsite just outside Llanberis at Cwm-y-glo.

The Snowdonia Inn or Y Fricsan ...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Gazza 08 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

New? That's been there for years.
 Banned User 77 08 Jun 2007
In reply to Gazza: It's just been taken over. I think there's quite a weekend planned, sadly I'm back in Sheffield.

The star attraction at the pub is one of one our Pups, Baby Bella, now Carreg.
O Mighty Tim 08 Jun 2007
In reply to IainRUK: One of me n Vlad's first 'dirty' weekends was there.
I hope they've oiled the bed springs!

Seriously, it's good news that someone's taken it on, last time I was there it looked in need of a make over.

TTG
In reply to O Mighty Tim: I've only been in there once and that night I must have sunk a good 10 pints before I got through the door of the Fricsan so I can barely remember it. Llanberis hasn't got too many nice pubs though, the Heights is now a bit of a youth club. I drink in the Vic bar or the Padarn lake if in llanberis.
Yorkspud 08 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Any chance of good beer - bit of a desert around there.
In reply to Yorkspud: I like the Double hop at the Vaynol.

The Snowdonia Park Inn around at Waunfawr (has its own brewery) is meant to be good beer, and the Cwellyn at Rhydd Ddu is (was) pretty good.
Hghes 08 Jun 2007
In reply to IainRUK: What's wrong with Te Prince?
In reply to Hghes: As in the Prince of Wales, I thought it was closed down, looks it from the outside, but saw there were people in there drinking last week.
Hghes 08 Jun 2007
In reply to IainRUK: Impression I always get as well, sure it's still open though
 Mutl3y 08 Jun 2007
In reply to Hghes: I enjoyed three nights in there last weekend. Decent, unassuming, down-to-earth boozer IMO.
 Marion Leister 09 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Does anyone know what the camping facilities are like there
 JDSwain 09 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Yea is the place like as an actual campsite, would it better to go there or to the one next to the Vaynol? I'm heading up in June.
OP Michael Ryan 09 Jun 2007
In reply to Swain16:

Yes it has a large campsite, a bunkhouse and static caravan, as well as the pub.
 JDSwain 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Facilities?
 Banned User 77 11 Jun 2007
In reply to Swain16: It'll just be showers and toilet. With a pub next door. You could call them?
 sutty 11 Jun 2007

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...