UKC

VIDEO/ARTICLE/BETA: Lisa Rands Bouldering at Rocklands, SA

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 29 Jun 2007
Last year, and this, Lisa Rands the top American boulderer, and her English husband, climbing photo-journalist, Wills Young visited Rocklands in the Cederberg mountains north of Cape Town, South Africa.

In this news featurette you can view stunning photos, watch a video and plan a trip to perhaps the best bouldering in the world.

Read more at: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Ian 29 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Big up the Rocklands - best bouldering in the world!
 Fume Troll 29 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Nice video. It did make me thing "Does she really need all that chalk to climb V4 in the desert?" though.

Cheers,

FT.
TimS 29 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Nice vid, shame some of these shorts weren't included in Specimen and more of the interview footage left out!

SI A 29 Jun 2007

whens the best time to go?
Ian 29 Jun 2007
In reply to SI A:
Well, depends on how hot you like it!

I'd definately avoid Feb/March as its boiling then. Apart form that I've been there throughout the year and got loads done.
 Chris F 04 Jul 2007
In reply to SI A: UK Early Autumn or Late Spring. If you go in midsummer there tends to be a bit more rain. Not all of this makes it over the Cedarberg though; a lot falls in the Namakwaland, which is when all the desrt flowers bloom. I've only sen photos, but it looks quite spectacular.
hugedyno 04 Jul 2007

> In this news featurette you can view stunning photos, watch a video and plan a trip to perhaps the best bouldering in the world.
>

Yeah, but what's she ever done.......?

;-P
HD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...