UKC

NEWS: Foot and Mouth, and Gogarth, The Glorious First Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 06 Aug 2007
With the spectre of Foot and Mouth upon us once again you've got to ignore the forecast, get out when you can, and pull down on the grips.

This weekend saw the first Gogarth Festival, The Glorious First, and the heavens opened......

Adam Wainwright reports with photos of the weekend by Alex Messenger.

Read and see more, including Johnny Dawes tucking into a big pasta meal and Sam Whittaker in extremis on Red Wall at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Anonymous 06 Aug 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: i do find pictures of climbers eating pretty exciting!
OP Michael Ryan 06 Aug 2007
Serpico 06 Aug 2007
In reply to Anonymous:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) i do find pictures of climbers eating pretty exciting!

So do I, so imagine my disappointment to discover he wasn't actually eating, just spreading some butter on a baked potato.
Once again Mick fails to deliver...

TimS 06 Aug 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Just want to say thanks to Adam and the rest of the organisers. The party on saturday was great, and the climbers and the locals made for an interesting mix! Seconding Red Wall on Sunday morning including having to do the approach traverse in a rain shower, and topping out just before the real rain started got rid of my hangover, and is an experience that will stay with me for a long time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...