UKC

Is there still a cafe near the Roaches?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Caralynh 15 Oct 2007
I know the one that used to be there closed down a couple of years ago - anyone know if a) it's reopened or b) if there's another one nearby?

Cheers!
C
netevilarch 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr: There is the tea rooms on the road up to the roaches, about 1/2 mile beforre where you park.

It was open three weekends ago as we had a club meet at the Don Whillans hut.

Cefyn
OP Caralynh 15 Oct 2007
In reply to netevilarch:

OK cheers - is that on the left at the farm, or back down in the little village?
netevilarch 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr: It is on the left as you drive up at the farm, has a nice tea room sign outside.
 David Hooper 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr: Hi Cara
The garden centre in the village does good brekkies ,stafford oatcakes etc.
OP Caralynh 15 Oct 2007
In reply to netevilarch:

OK thanks. I was sure that had closed, but obviously not. Hope you're doing OK
OP Caralynh 15 Oct 2007
In reply to David Hooper:

Oooh that also sounds like an option, thanks
Now I just need a lift (sorted I think) and good weather (fingers crossed!)
netevilarch 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr: Yeah doing OK.

I didnt stop to go in there but it seemed to have a number of vehicles outside and in their car park area.
 kendogcatchy 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr:
the garden centre also does food/teas and seems to be open more than the tea rooms.

If you're going this weekend its cold and dry - hurrah...

Apologies in advance for the bad language that will surely fill the air - I'll be the one swearing on Valkyrie...
 Dr Avid 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr: ye the cafe in the garden centre is cool, with nice food and an outdoor privy. Cant remember why, but there were undertones of comic weirdness, think it was all the gnomes and kitch stuff for sale everywhere, maybe it was the tea, maybe it was the drugs.

Who knows?
OP Caralynh 15 Oct 2007
In reply to kendogcatchy:

Haha you won't be swearing as much as I was when I did it earlier this year! It looks a lot easier than it felt, that's all I'll say!

Yeah I plan to be there on Saturday, although I may be at Hen Cloud. All depends. There are certainly a few HVSs at the Roaches that I didn't manage to try on the last visit, so if it's a cool-ish sunny day it will be perfect.
 reidyold boy 15 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr:

Roaches tea room opposite Hen Cloud is now under new management as the place had been for sale for some time. It's definatley open but i'm not exactly sure what times etc...
 Flicka 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr:

I thought no sensible people climbed on grit at the weekend?
OP Caralynh 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Flicka:

Hen Cloud isn't ever busy. There are other places than the honeypots. Other quiet places are Gardoms, and all moorland grit.
 GrahamD 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr:

The Roaches Tea room has been taken over but the chef and menu are the same. Farmhouse breakfast - yummy.
 Flicka@work 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Caralynr:

Cool, well I hope you have fun )

(And don't end up at that honeypot the Roaches :-p)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...