UKC

Fresher's Trip to Brimham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Miles87 16 Oct 2007
Hello, just to let everyoine know that the University of York Mountaineering Club will be taking their Fresher's to Brimham Rocks this Sunday. So if you don't want to see dozens of extremely attractive climbers scrambling up top ropes all day, I'd reccommend not coming. Of course, we won't be hogging routes and will do our best not to get in anyone's way. Thanks. Miles
 phosphojesus 16 Oct 2007
This weekend (20th/21st) UWE climbing club will be doing the same, but in portland.

I know there was a complaint on here last year, so sorry and we wont do it again.

oh and if you want a route were on just ask, we will take our rope down, there'll be several more for our guys.

Captain Jack
 IanJackson 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Miles87: You attractive climbers can share the rocks with hundreds of hyper kids. No one goes to Brimham on a Sunday!
banned profile 74 16 Oct 2007
In reply to IanJackson: was thinking the same ian
The proper Jules W 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Miles87: can you send the really cute ones to YorkMC ? when you are done with them ? thanks
 victorclimber 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Miles87: so all the ( Climbers ) wandering about and posing with exagerated voices,to impress the ladies...do you want any help?
 Wibble Wibble 16 Oct 2007
In reply to victorclimber:
> (In reply to Miles87) so all the ( Climbers ) wandering about and posing with exagerated voices,to impress the ladies...do you want any help?

Oh yes, the once in an academic year opportunity to appear like a superhero to the ladies by soloing V Diffs. Surely the only point of university climbing clubs.

Jimmy56 16 Oct 2007
In reply to The proper Jules W:
> (In reply to Miles87) can you send the really cute ones to YorkMC ? when you are done with them ? thanks

I don't think Miles "Shagger" Whitehead is ever really done with them (particulary the cute ones) - you'll just have to wrestle him for one like everyone else.
 Wilbur 16 Oct 2007
In reply to phosphojesus:

let me guess.......... the cuttings! or blacknor south! do i win a prize?
 Will Hunt 17 Oct 2007
In reply to Miles87:
Leeds Uni did this and only used about 1 top rope. Other beginners seconded or started learning to lead. Top ropes arent really required as much as people might think.

Also, the mighty Leeds is evidently far superior. We've had 4 trips so far including one full weekend away in Northumberland.

So ner!
 petellis 17 Oct 2007
In reply to Miles87:

I never thought we'd stoop this low.

Simon Caldwell 18 Oct 2007
In reply to Will Hunt:
> Also, the mighty Leeds is evidently far superior. We've had 4 trips so far

York always start (and finish) their autumn term a week or two after everyone else for some reason. It was always a real pain trying to get casual work over Christmas, most jobs started before the end of term...
 Mutl3y 18 Oct 2007
In reply to Miles87: Respect to Southampton Uni for good crag behaviour last Saturday. Burbage (and the rest of the Peak) was mingey and horrible but the freshers were shown gear placements, seconding and anchor set-up while the vets bravely threw themselves on wet and slimey v diffs.
 petellis 19 Oct 2007
In reply to Will Hunt:
> (In reply to Miles87)
> Leeds Uni did this and only used about 1 top rope. Other beginners seconded or started learning to lead. Top ropes arent really required as much as people might think.

EVERYBODY HATES A SMART ARSE

Sersh 19 Oct 2007
In reply to Miles87:

UCL Mountaineering Club will be at Brimham on Saturday and Stanage edge on sunday... So it would be wise to avoid these places on these days as well.

Thought i'd gatecrash this topic
 dingbat46 19 Oct 2007
In reply to Sersh: How many people do you plan on taking to stangae to make it unusable for the rest of the population.....you do know its rather long.....
louise hannah 19 Oct 2007
In reply to Sersh:

Me and My partner was thinking about going to Brimham on Saturday. Will you be using top ropes and how many are going?
 stonewall 19 Oct 2007
In reply to Sersh:

sorry we have already booked the main routes at stanage. suggest you try somewhere else.
 Emily Goodman 19 Oct 2007
In reply to Simon Caldwell: They do it so they can make lots of money from conferences in the summer and easter!
XXXX 19 Oct 2007
In reply to Sersh:

UCL won't be anywhere near Brimham. Just to clear that up. They will be in the Peak where they will endeavour to minimise any disruption.

So climb away.

sutty 19 Oct 2007
In reply to louise hannah:

If they go to Brimham and you go to Brimham, you start at Fag slab end and you may never see them.

If you climb on routes to the right of the main path, or on the plantation buttress you definitely will not see them, or anyone else with luck.
Sersh 19 Oct 2007
Yeah not quite sure why i wrote brimham. someone i was talking to (next to me) mentionned it. I meant to say Birchen Edge on saturday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...