UKC

takeing bouldering mats on a plane

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IOAN D 16 Oct 2007
goint to yosemite on friday and want to take a bouldering mat for obvious reasons. just wandering what is the deal with takeing one? does it count as another peace of luggage same as a bag or different?

ta
Anonymous 16 Oct 2007
In reply to IOAN D: It will depend on the airline. It might be cheaper to buy one over there given the £/$ ratio.
 richbetts 16 Oct 2007
In reply to Anonymous:
Hi Ioan, Its Rich (used to live in N Wales, moved to Scotland)
Have a good trip.
I've just been to the States and got a dropzone out there for $190 (about £100 with current exchange rate). Delta were fine about it on the plane back as one of my 2 bits of hold baggage.
Infact dont think we've ever had a problem or had to pay extra as long as it part of your baggage allowance and not extra.
Cheers
woodster 16 Oct 2007
In reply to IOAN D:

I took mine to the Valley the other day with Virgin Atlantic. The Check-in staff weren't sure but let it through with two other bags no problem.

Coming home, the staff in San Fran were not impressed. I had more than two bags (with the pad) so they wanted to charge me $140 for the extra luggage, despite not being over the kg limit. After half an hour of arguing I managed to convince them it was sporting equipment and they dropped the charge to $70. Inconsistent policy on Virgin's part and a pain in the arse. Bloody Sepos.
 EricpAndrew 17 Oct 2007
In reply to IOAN D:
what are the obvious reasons four wanting a bouldering matt?

like masturbating in a brothel!
OP IOAN D 17 Oct 2007
In reply to IOAN D: nice one, thanks very mutch for t info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...