UKC

NEWS: Paul Nunn Memorial Lecture - Sheffield, Wednesday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 26 Nov 2007
The ever popular Paul Nunn Memorial Lecture returns this year to the usual venue at Sheffield Hallam University for its 12th year. All proceeds go to charity.

This years lecture features Outdoor photographers, John Cleare and Andy Heading.

John Cleare is one of the finest British mountain photo...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 BrianT 29 Nov 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
Me and Jude went along. I thought Andy Heading was great, and good to see the Paul Nunn lectures venturing outside pure climbing.
John Cleare had some great stories and pictures but I thought his presentation was maybe a bit overlong.
Still, at least I got a Crags issue #1 from the second hand book stall.
 cregy 29 Nov 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Yes John did overrun abit, i was the technician working that night i was told the event will finish no later than 9:30..oh well at least i got an hour's overtime and got to watch two really inspiring lectures
 BrianT 30 Nov 2007
In reply to cregy: Ah right, I saw you up in the booth. Cheers for your efforts too. Without you it couldn't have happened!
I work in H&S at Hallam and was almost tempted to try and blag my way in on some risk assessment pretext, but it was all for charity so that'd be a bit tight.
Nice to see the VC waving a bottle of beer and forgetting his words. At last, a human being in the big chair 9and a good climber too!)
 cregy 30 Nov 2007
In reply to BrianT: Oh no, not health and safety! (runs away with sissors in hand to hide under a ladder)

Yeah it was good to see that our new boss is a real person..i wonder if we're allowed to drink beer while at work???
 BrianT 01 Dec 2007
In reply to cregy:
> (In reply to BrianT) Oh no, not health and safety! (runs away with sissors in hand to hide under a ladder)
>
It's ok, I'm one of the new breed of non-interfering H&S people.
> Yeah it was good to see that our new boss is a real person..i wonder if we're allowed to drink beer while at work???
Hey, I do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...