UKC

Anybody watch Ninja Warrior on the Challenge Channel?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Maynard 17 Dec 2007
Fantastic spin off the old Takeshi's Castle programme that was also on the challenge channel.

Except this one has real atheletes, at least in the later elimination rounds, and includes a whole variety of upperbody climbing type activities. How far do you reckon you would get?! ( :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VG5_diRx4U&feature=related
 biscuit 17 Dec 2007
In reply to Matt Maynard:

Saw a japanese pro climber on it who got through to round 3 but got nowhere on it.

Don't forget the main selling point. Stuart Hall commentating in an it's a knock out fashion and slo-mo replays of people hurting themselves.

Amazing the amount of Olympic athletes etc on it and the two guys who have won it both work on fishing boats :0)
rich 17 Dec 2007
In reply to Matt Maynard: respectfully suggest . . . better link for a preview . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmCem8qbTE&feature=related

plus the little skit at the end of the clip is funnny

nice though - thanks for sharing
 Richard Carter 17 Dec 2007
Go Go Nagano!

I love Ninja Warrior! It's TOO much fun and best watched after 8 cans of red bull :-D
 darren-surrey 18 Dec 2007

I feel tired now!
 niggle 18 Dec 2007

Japanese game show: obstacle course so hard that even olympic gymnasts can't complete it.

British game show: general knowldge quiz with contestants so thick that they get beaten by a ten year old.
 lynda 18 Dec 2007
In reply to Richard Carter:

Nagano has finally completed the whole of Ninja Warrior. The last section was pretty immense, had to climb 25 metres (in about 1 minute I think). 15 metres of "Spider climbing) with the walls starting to separate after 30 seconds, and 10 metre rope climb. It was awesome!!!

I love Ninja warrior
 niggle 18 Dec 2007
In reply to lynda:

It's wicked. I have no idea what the prize is, does the winner become prime minister of japan or something?!?!
 Richard Carter 18 Dec 2007
In reply to lynda:

Actually they have 30 seconds to spider climb 12.5 meters then rope climb 10 meters

If you win you get 4 million yen for the current one
 rousse 18 Dec 2007
In reply to lynda: Brilliant wasn't it - after watching him fail by about 0.0001 second another time too.

I love Nagano.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...