UKC

DMM COMP: My First Lead (52) - New Horizons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 19 Dec 2007
"By the time I got the top of the crag in my hands, I’d looked death in the eye. Dick’s outstretched hand helped me haul over the top in a mess of fear, spittle, and dirt. The blood and retching became a celebrated comedy feature of my early leads. However, this was made up for by the friendships, beer and ‘accidental’ Sunday morning shoplifting that was an essential part of my growing up. "

writes Martin Kocsis of the BMC.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=741
 antwan 20 Dec 2007
Hey martin, Like the honesty of your article, its great, having a "shit in the bracken" and "accidental" shop lifting.

Do you always climb in jeans though?
 CJD 20 Dec 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC:

again, ace!

I don't fancy being you people and having to choose...
 antwan 20 Dec 2007
In reply to CJD: Both yours and mr Martin "it was easy when i did it 10 year ago" k are in my top 10, along whith the guy's who cant remember his lead, i definatly aint even come half way up the board!
martin k 21 Dec 2007
In reply to antwan: you cheeky thing, thanks for your kind comments. when i went to phil "grindleford caff" eastwood's funeral yesterday, there were a few of the old stagers from the donny climbing club there, and it all came flooding back! great days (but these days are just as good)

cheerio!
liz davey 03 Jan 2008
In reply to martin k: I really like that ...a well written piece that has a definitive start, middle and end, with enough about the 'scene' to be able to imagine what it was like to be involved. that's hard to do in 500 words, well done! (and you don't try and use lots of wierd imagery and similes that seem to bedevil other entries..we can't all write like john redhead!)

liz
x

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...