UKC

Possible bicep tendon injury, diagnosis and treatment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 02 Jan 2008
My osteopath has suggested that the pain in my elbow that I had attributed to a trapped nerve in my neck is more likely to be as a result of an injury to the tendon at the base of my right bicep where it runs on the inside edge of the elbow joint. However she couldn't supply any helpful info other than 'try not to injure it anymore' (which I have taken to mean 'stop drytooling up the attic roof beams'). Has anyone picked up a similar injury and if so what did you do to help it heal? (Dont say rest it as I'm off ice climbing in just over 2 weeks).

Cheers

Mike
OP Reach>Talent 03 Jan 2008
In reply to Reach>Talent:
Unsubtle bump
 Dr Avid 03 Jan 2008
In reply to Reach>Talent: Well, rest it

That is the only thing that works with tendon injuries. However, you are going ice climbing in 2 weeks, I would:

Forget about strength training. One week of total rest, dont use the bicep any more than necessary. Second week do some gentle stretching after a hot shower to warm the muscles. When you go climbing, strap up just above and below your elbow with some stretchy tape. This will take as much pressure off your bicep tendon as possible. However, in the long run, youre still going to be stressing it, its just a matter of minimising the damage (if it really is bicep tendonitis)
 SonyaD 03 Jan 2008
In reply to Dr Avid:

> (In reply to mkean) Well, rest it

Spoken like a true Doctor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...