UKC

Motorbikers : Do you have Bike 2 Bike?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Angie Lester 08 Jan 2008
HI yall...

Looking to spend my Chrimbo money on a set so my hubby and i can chat on the move.... (we have a bike each)

Anyone got one.... any recommendations?! Do they work?!

Thanks!

Angie
 dannym2710 08 Jan 2008
In reply to Angie Lester: not got one, but me and my mates are looking for them, so if you find a decent one id appreciate any info

cheers
dan
loopyone 09 Jan 2008
In reply to dannym2710: The whole point of being on a bike is so you don't have to talk to the wife/girlfriend whilst travelling. He wont thank you
neilinut 09 Jan 2008
In reply to tatty112: hahahahahaha
 TN 09 Jan 2008
In reply to tatty112:
> (In reply to dannym2710) The whole point of being on a bike is so you don't have to talk to the wife/girlfriend whilst travelling. He wont thank you

Works both ways, you know!!!
loopyone 09 Jan 2008
In reply to TN: I don't know about your hubby but i certainly don't witter on endlessly for hours in the car........
 rossowen 09 Jan 2008
In reply to Angie Lester:

Hiya,

I bought a couple of these recently for me and the misses. I don't know off the top of my head what make they are but the one's we've got are basically a couple of walkie talkies with helmet speaker/mic's and a button to press on the handle bars. Cost about £85 for the lot. Took some getting used to holding the button in while riding etc but they seem to work ok at low speed.

Only problem is anything above 40 MPH and you find yourself trying to shout over the wind noise, and the other side can't hear you anyway for the same reason.

You can get voice activated ones which may be better but could also start transmitting automatically at highish speed due to the noise.

Some recon they are tested at high speed but I recon you would need a really decent helmet to stop the wind noise being a problem
OP Angie Lester 09 Jan 2008
In reply to tatty112:

LOL i see what you mean but i'm sure that when HE gets lost coz he doesn't know where he's going and i do?! then it'll come in handy!
In reply to rossowen:

Cheers ross, if you get chance to look what make you have i'd be very grateful!
 TN 09 Jan 2008
In reply to tatty112:

What I really meant was, when I am riding the bike I like to be on my own, in my own head (if that makes sense). Plus, I suspect I talk to myself so it would be desperately embarrassing if that were the case...
In reply to TN: i see what you mean, but we're planning on riding to spain to do a on the hop sport climbing thing, so it makes sense to be able to talk to each other! I wonder if anyone else on here has tried that?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...