UKC

I Want That Job! - Andi Turner - Instructor and Teacher

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 26 Feb 2008
In this new article series I Want That Job! I'll be interviewing people from various professions within the climbing world. If you think your job is a dream come true (it has to be climbing related) and if you're willing to be interviewed - then drop me a line. Likewise if you can think of a job that you'd like to have - suggest it in the forums and I'll try and track someone down.

It's the turn of Forum User Andi Turner to persuade us all why we want his job. Andi mixes normal class teaching with outdoor instructing; giving a blend of job security and professional salary with the chance to get out in to the hills and promote the sports that he loves. Can we blame him for all this group abseiling at the Roaches?! Probably...

“I ain't eating no dirty beans!...”

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=845
 Mike Highbury 26 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: He teaches English!

Good Grief, I now know where people learn to use words in such a peculiar fashion.
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor:

Good article. AT really comes over well, not surprisingly.

jcm
Janey Turner 27 Feb 2008

From a very proud sister (and feldgling climber) Andi is a real credit to himself. The kid did good.
 Dave Garnett 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Mike Highbury:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor) He teaches English!
>
> Good Grief, I now know where people learn to use words in such a peculiar fashion.

With skill, humour and originality, you mean? If the kids he teaches become writers half as good as Andi is he'll have performed a significant public service.
 Chris F 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: Clearly decent haircuts are not possible on his salary!

I've never seen him with a hair in place.

Good article.
 Jon Read 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Chris F:
We could have a whip round to fund a haircut? I'll donate!
 UKB Shark 27 Feb 2008

Dream job come true ? Andi must be a saint.
 Chris F 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Jon Read:
> (In reply to Chris F)
> We could have a whip round to fund a haircut? I'll donate!

I'll cut! Bring my clippers along.

Dave Garnett 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Chris F:

Actually he did have it cut short once and I completely failed to recognise him!
 fimm 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Mike Highbury:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor) He teaches English!

And am I the first person to notice the misplaced "their" in the Dream Job paragraph? (Should be "there")

andi turner 27 Feb 2008
In reply to fimm:

Them's some eagle eye's you got their. Fancy doing some marking?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 Feb 2008
In reply to andi turner:

Must be nice to have the perfect job, well apart from the teaching bit of it!

Chris

fimm 27 Feb 2008
In reply to andi turner:

LOL

I just seem to notice things like that. I'd be a hopeless teacher, though, especially with the children you work with - respect to you, that isn't a job I'd want to do.
 Ram MkiV 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: cool, enjoyed that. I know what andi means about enjoying the oppotunity to watch the seasons change. I largely missed out on this for 22 years with school, college, uni, etc. but really appreciate it now. A lot can change in 2 weeks spent inside working/studying.

I hope some of the kids appreciate what the likes of andi do for them!
 Jon Read 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Steve Ramsden:
True. Respect to Andi for doing a job that I wouldn't be prepared to do, and which can really make a difference to some of these 'young adults'. I find vet undergrads disruptive enough!
Mini 27 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: I think credit ought to be paid to his ghost writer Theo Saurus. Dya really think a yorkshireman could write such creative juxtapositions as his recent Magic Flute on his jack jones

And yes, I'll be there to hold a limb while we cut of his Samson hair!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...