UKC

NEWS: ShAFF Winners Announced

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 12 Mar 2008
The third annual Sheffield Adventure Film Festival took place over the weekend of Feb 29 to Mar 2. Despite frustratingly nice weather more people than ever turned up. Films for Adrenaline Junkies and an experimental live interview between Gordon Stainforth and event patron Joe Simpson proved to be the highlights of the weekend.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news
 BrianT 13 Mar 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: It was good to hear Joe talking openly and frankly about his life and particularly about the Suila Grande incident. I'd been of the impression that he was reticent to talk about it after years of being badgered over the whole TTV issue. Cheers to Joe, and also to Gordon, who led a good interview.

I saw a lot of the films and there were some ace ones, not only on climbing but on a whole range of other outdoor or adventure stuff. One of my parsonal faves was the short film 'Urban Freestyler', of Steve Peat and Brendan Fairclough riding, full on downhill stylee, on some all too familiar Sheffield landmarks. Exciting stuff, even if it made me feel like a shit rider.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...