UKC

NEWS/VIDEO: Dave MacLeod redpointing Darwin Dixit 8c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 14 Mar 2008
Previously reported: Dave MacLeod has soloed an 8c sport route at Margalef, Spain. Dave had previously redpointed Darwin Dixit 8c but decided to up his game in the soloing stakes in preparation for a line he has in his sights on Ben Nevis, Scotland.

Here is a video of Dave's redpoint of Darwin Dixit that he achieved in 2007.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=03&year=2008#n43039

.....also read UKClimbing.com's interview with Dave about his 8c solo here http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=868
 Wee Davie 14 Mar 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Highball boulder problem my arse (r.e. some posts on other thread)!
That crag is about 3 times the height of most gritstone outcrops...

The video is good for the unedited running too and from the video camera to press record and stop!

Davie

orge 14 Mar 2008
Aye, that would make for pretty intrepid "highball bouldering"... However, it would be interesting to know where the crux actually is - although it's hardly a path to the top. Whilst Dave looks pretty comfortable on the moves, he still has a good shake out 2/3rds of the way up before finishing the top section. You do get the impression that he had a decent reserve, but I think that's a credit to his current form rather than a detraction from the challenge of the route.

Great to get more info on this ascent. Looking forward to hearing big things from Dave, later in the year.

J
 orge 14 Mar 2008
P.S. Looking through some of the other video's on Dave's site, I think he needs develop his finishing "celebrations". A simple "cool", "that was quite good", or understated "awesome", just doesn't convey the challenge (combined with Dave making everything look like it's piss!). He actually apologises for a power grunt in the one of those bouldering clips (shakes head)... Play to the camera Dave!!
 Glen 14 Mar 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Shame he is wearing those light coloured trousers in that vid, such that he look naked!
 Bulls Crack 15 Mar 2008
In reply to orge:

I disagree! More understatement, less of the 'awesome' culture.
 orge 18 Mar 2008
In reply to Bulls Crack:

I think you missed the sarcasm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...