UKC

NEWS: Alpkit Innovation Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 01 Apr 2008
Two New Products From Alpkit

Alpkit based in Ilkeston just outside Nottingham are known for their innovative outdoor products.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=04&year=2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
some real innovations there
:oD
 hutchm 01 Apr 2008

Nice one, Mick. Can you ask Alpkit to offer some price information on the Jamalots - only I'm sure I've seen something similar at a number of local retailers already?
 Little Brew 01 Apr 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: hum.... bottom of camera page, Reality check!!!!!

Jess.x

Very good! In answer to Al Evans I think this must be the 1st one of the morn!
 Henry Iddon 01 Apr 2008

Heh heh, thats funny!!! great pr! Right off to spend my lottery winnings..... just checked todays special April 1st draw....
mr.ben 01 Apr 2008
made my day.
 TeaGirl 01 Apr 2008

Now that's some pretty high-tech stuff :0)
 creag 01 Apr 2008
Haha, just spotted the April Fool on the News page.... Everest Open?? Unlikely......
 jkarran 01 Apr 2008

> Suitable for conditions experienced in the Himalaya to the darkest ocean depths of the Mariana Trench?

Really? Now that is a newsworthy inovation! A waterproof camera resistant to >1,000,000 Barg pressure yet light enough to take into the high Himalaya!!!

There was cynical me thinking this was just an advert

jk

telemarker 01 Apr 2008

Just genius
 p3t3 01 Apr 2008
These alpkit people are amazing, i bought a sleeping mat, mug and waterproof bag ordered it yesterday afternoon arrived this morning... not bad for free delivery!!

also came with a hand written note...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your order

Cheers

Col.

(missed our free Tifoon offer starting tomorrow, but hey, have one anyway!)

So got a free titanium Spork!

im impressed!
 staceyjg 01 Apr 2008
In reply to p3t3:

I think the model number gave it away for me.... SH 1T! ha ha!
psd 01 Apr 2008
In reply to p3t3:

You gotta love Alpkit - it seems that their key marketing strategy (other than being ridiculously cheap, of course) is to maximise the feel-good factor. Having seen the Jamalot - and also the Firm-A-Rest camp bed (using the same puncture-proof technology) - makes me want a Pipedream even more. Extra beer all round.
 PeteH 03 Apr 2008
Hasn't anyone even noticed?!? The Jamalot is just a BRICK on a ROPE!!!!! Who do they think they're trying to kid?!

Pete.
 owlart 03 Apr 2008
In reply to PeteH: <soft music, seductive voice> "These aren't just bricks, these are AlpKit bricks, handmade with the finest Derbyshire clay and fired at the perfect temperature."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...