UKC

Wild Country Classic Rocks, What else?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam1991 12 May 2008
I have a set of the afore mentioned nuts, (1-10), and i think theyre great, however I think it would be sensible to buy another set, since I usually seem to end up using more than one of the same size (using ones from my partners rack). Do you reckon it would be a good plan to just get another set of the WC Rocks? Or maybe some from another brand with a different shape to compliment the WC ones? Interested as to what people have found to be a good accompanyment to the rocks, or not, as the case may be! Thanks for any advice or help in advance!!

Cheers, Sam
 Chris F 12 May 2008
In reply to Sam1991: If you mainly climb grit, one set should be enough. I find the sizes 11-15 pretty useful, prefer them to hexes.
 jkarran 12 May 2008
In reply to Sam1991:

Just keep using your partners ones? Not being flippant but why solve a problem that doesn't exist?

If you do feel you need a few extra then different shapes to your normal set are the way to go. HB offsets are superb (now available again from DMM).

jk
 Wilbur 12 May 2008
In reply to Sam1991:

dmm wallnuts...
 gear boy 12 May 2008
In reply to Wilbur: ditto
Ian 12 May 2008
In reply to gear boy:
tri-tto
james anderson 12 May 2008
In reply to Ian: quart-ttio (!!)
 Mike Highbury 12 May 2008
In reply to Sam1991: Although it goes against the grain and because the replies have been so unimaginative I'll offer some sensible advice

superlight rocks

Wilbur 12 May 2008
In reply to Mike Highbury:
> (In reply to Sam1991) Although it goes against the grain and because the replies have been so unimaginative I'll offer some sensible advice
>
> superlight rocks

not great for a second set for normal trad. they are only 6kn so much weaker than full strength wires..

Scotti 12 May 2008
In reply to Wilbur: Sorry to go off thread, but the whole nut thing confuses me. If the smaller one say a #1 is placed in a slot/crack will it not take a factor 2 fall (example 3m and I'm 10 stone). If that is the case, are you s'posed to use two of them??......

Just briefly if you can be bothered.
 Wilbur 12 May 2008
In reply to Scotti:

it will take a 6 or 7kn fall i think (not sure about the fall factors).

this worth reading

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Feature.aspx?id=1477

6.7kn of force generated as calculated in this article..

It's up to you how you protect a route. If i'm finding a move tricky i'd have no worries putting 2 or 3 bits of gear in if the placements were available...

if you could use two x No.1s it'd be even better if you could equalise them - you can do that by clove hitching a sling to the 2 attachment points (i.e. to krabs/qds on the wires). Not sure if this would give you a 12kn placement but it's got to be better than 6kn...
 Scotti 13 May 2008
In reply to Wilbur: Cheers Wilbur

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...