UKC

NEWS: planetFear Lead Climbing Championship This Weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 21 May 2008
The planetFear British Lead Climbing Championship will take place over the weekend of 24-25 May at the Blackpool Towers, one of the nation's best climbing walls.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=05&year=2008#n44395
rginns 21 May 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I thought Planetfear went to the dogs? Maybe I heard wrong....
 butterworthtom 21 May 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
Have-a-go climbing! Ive always wanted to try climbing. Fantastic.
OP Michael Ryan 21 May 2008
In reply to rginns:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) I thought Planetfear went to the dogs? Maybe I heard wrong....

planetFear.com is back. After a difficult period, the online climbing and adventure racing magazine and shop has been bought by outdoor retailer Ultimate Outdoors. As part of its re-launch, planetFear will be sponsoring this year’s British Lead Climbing Championships in association with the BMC.

Commenting on the purchase, ultimate outdoors director Gary Westwell said "With the vast and important archive of climbing and adventure racing articles secured, our aim is now to take the site to new levels in terms of exciting new content, better accessibility and a shop that delivers the best products and a superior level of service."

The new owners have appointed highly regarded outdoor writer and photographer Dave Pickford as the new Editor-in-Chief.

Their aim is to get the online shop back up and running within the next month, before completely relaunching the website over the summer.

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=2513

OP Michael Ryan 21 May 2008

You may also want to look at any Product News or Gear Review as plantFear is one of UKC's preferred retailers..

Scroll down..

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=994
rginns 21 May 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Thanks for the info Mick, it's good to see that, they've always had some excellent articles, especially on training so it's good to see they're back up and running.
cheers
 Alex Roddie 21 May 2008
I'm glad Planetfear are back again. Their website is a superb resource and their webshop used to be really good, too, with some fantastic bargains--I got a pair of good crampons from there for about £60.
 Simon 22 May 2008

Are you going Mick?

Strong Possibility I'll be there on the Saturday.

Cheers

Si
 dirtbag1 22 May 2008
In reply to Simon: Yeah! Come on Mick, anyone who's anyone is going to be there.
 Al Evans 22 May 2008
In reply to Simon: Leading Simon? You do realise that means you may have to go higher than 3mts
 Simon 22 May 2008
In reply to Al Evans:
> (In reply to Simon) Leading Simon? You do realise that means you may have to go higher than 3mts

ha! I wish!

It will be with a Camera I'll be working Al!

si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...