UKC

WOOMF Bouldering mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gingedelve 26 May 2008
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a bouldering mat before this week ends, I'm on a tight budget. I've seen that Alpkit do the WOOMF mat for 45quid + 10 for next day delivery before 10.

Any of you guys use this mat, Is it worth the money or can you suggest any other mats?

Many thanks in advance.
 diggers 26 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve:

never used one , but have seen one, and it looks great, most people recon if you're on a budget Alpkit are the way forward - and the customer service is excellent.

i'd say go for it.
ypy 26 May 2008
I used one a few months ago out at Burbage, seemed just as good as the rest of the mats we all had.
 davepwsmith 26 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve: It's pretty diddy, but a good pad. And Alpkit standard delivery will be there *well* before the weekend!
 rogersavery 26 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve:

According to alpkit they will be out of stock until the autumn
 Monk 27 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve:

The woomf is much smaller and thinner than a normal mat. It will still absorb a lot of impact but not as much as a normal mat. They are decent, and will do for most things as long as you aren't too high. I actually really like the Woomf and it is very portable for bikes, trains, buses, small cars etc. Just be aware that it isn't the same as a ful size mat.
 Lancs Lad 27 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve:

Its a good mad, I have one, bought as had small car at time, does the job, no frills, there are better mats, but not at anywhere near the price. The boys at Alpkit do what they say, so if they promise you a delivery you can rest assured they will get it to you,
 Eagle River 27 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve:

My mate has the woomf and regrets not paying the extra £25 and getting the Phud which is a proper sized mat.

The woomf is OK as a secondary mat if someone else has a normal sized mat in your group but for bouldering by yourself you may find it has too small a landing area.
 stewart murray 28 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve: As stated they are out of stock. You could look at this as a pricier alternative:
http://www.ultimateoutdoors.co.uk/c/Vertical/browse/SaleEquipment_1449_0_0....

Craig Geddes 28 May 2008
In reply to gingedelve: Superb pad - if you have a car and aren't doing long walk in's then go for the phud but the woomf is ideal for bikes and public transport. Better at soaking up big impacts than you would expect but still not great. Also makes a very good second pad as the stiffness makes it perfect for padding particuarly spikey rocks.
 wookie667 01 Jun 2008
In reply to gingedelve: yeah i have woomf and it is great but i do regret not getting a phud cause the woomf is big enough to take up a passenger space in my small car so i should have just got a big one. but great mat none the less.
 zorro 01 Jun 2008
In reply to gingedelve:

Try Ebay, there's normally some on there?
 zorro 01 Jun 2008
In reply to zorro: IN fact there's a giant moon pad on there for £40 quid at the moment, only problem may be is its in Reading, Berks?
 MRJ 01 Jun 2008
In reply to zorro:
Call them just in case, sometimes they have spares about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...