UKC

NEWS: planetFear BLCC 2008 Results

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 27 May 2008
Following the success of the 2007 BLCC held at the Blackpool Towers, last weekend the planetFear British lead Climbing Championships returned to Britain's most unusual climbing wall. Despite being subject to continual gale force winds howling down off Morecambe Bay, we saw two days of extremely impressive performances from Britain's top competition climbers and rock athletes...

Dave Pickford reports: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=05&year=2008#n44436
 dirtbag1 27 May 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:
If anyone's interested there's a video of some rock god(?) vogue-ing his way up the final route here....

http://www.homemadeclimbingstuff.com/Videos.htm

Drew.
In reply to dirtbag1: Good effort!
Anonymous 28 May 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

shame that michaela tracy had a face on her on the podium for the seniors

but overall a great couple of days had by juniors seniors and vets...good effort to all involved
 dirtbag1 28 May 2008
In reply to Anonymous:
If you'd trained as hard as the competitors in that event and put your heart and soul into it you'd understand her disappointment.
Add to this that fact she is very young, these competitions and disappointments associated with them are often hard to take with a smile.
Please show some respect for this girl as she climbed wonderfully on day and deserves to be praised and acknowledged for that only.
I'm glad you had a good couple of days and look forward to hopefully seeing you there next year.
D
Anonymous 28 May 2008
In reply to dirtbag1:

oh dont get me wrong, i truely appreciate the effort these climbers put in, but i dont agree with her behaviour before and during the awards ceremony. i overheard one guy ask if she was sponsored, obviously wondering if they were around to witness such a strop.

as far i as i could see her gripe was that she wasnt given a + score on her final route cos she argued that she did touch that certain hold even tho the judge supreme that was tony powell disagreed. from the overall scores anyway she would have ended up with 3rd whether or not she held that certain hold...so as she had no chamce of being champ or 2nd she could have looked pleased with 3rd....tho she did give every1 a good chuckle
In reply to Anonymous:
Raised a similar question myself on the mens first route after touching the last hold, but it only counts if you touch the USABLE part of the hold....
 Bill Davidson 28 May 2008
In reply to Robertostallioni:

Hmmmmm, I'll have to remember & pass that one on!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...