UKC

White 1-60 ... John Burgess' Mill, Cornwall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DorsetGareth 04 Jun 2008
a.k.a. my winter project.

OK, so not really rock, but this (indoor) long boulder problem has kept me sane over the winter, and from the sounds of it, it's been up for about a decade. Anybody else tried it? Finished it?

What's the longest you've worked on a project for?! (inside or out) I've been working on it for about six months!

Ah well, now the sun is here, it's a bit on the back burner (along side the automatic cat feeder) - really want to get it finished!

G
 oakapple 04 Jun 2008
In reply to DorsetGareth: Yes it has been completed, it used to have a much easier set of footholds on the bottom board and was completed by quite a few of the regulars and was even reversed. Since the footholds were changed (8+ years ago) I know of 5 people have completed it but there maybe more. It is now considered with the current footholds and polish to be about french 8a.

It must be one of the longest standing circuits on an indoor wall!
OP DorsetGareth 04 Jun 2008
In reply to oakapple:

Cool - thanks for the info. 8a?!? That makes me feel a lot better! My best so far is 45, but can't imagine getting through the next 15 at the mo. Fun to hear that it's been heard of.
 deacondeacon 04 Jun 2008
In reply to DorsetGareth: Which problem is it? Its obviously not the one in the corner because thats fairly straightforward. Wish I had that training facility near me instead of having to pay a tenner a time in London.
Seem to remember the traverse with the fish being good.
Deacon
In reply to deacondeacon:

As you step through the door, go right around the corner, and there's about a 10 degree overhanging wall - it's all on there. Have seen many people working on the fishes, looks hard, but haven't tried it myself.

White 1-60 is a beautifully thought out climb - really like it!

John is really great guy too!
 deacondeacon 04 Jun 2008
In reply to DorsetGareth: I know the problem you mean know, it sort of backs onto the cave. I've got to number 18 on it ( ive tried it loads though). I really like the route that traverses back and forwards over the cave. John is a really nice guy and can still climb pretty well in his slippers!
I got my mother in law hooked on climbing taking her down there for a bit of toproping.
The only problem is its always freezing when I climb there because I go to Cornwall during the christmas holidays.
In reply to deacondeacon:

Yup! That's got to be the one - I'd say 18 is one of about 3 cruxes on the problem

Christmas holidays not all bad: Cold = grip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...