UKC

NEWS: Tyler Landman - good result in Bouldering World Cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 10 Jun 2008
Tyler Landman took an impressive 6th place for Great Britain in the IFSC Climbing World Cup (bouldering) in Vail, Colorado at the weekend.

Big names Sharma (USA) and Lama (AUT) proved no match for 17 year old Landman, although the top 3 places in both the men's and women's bouldering final were dominated by climbers from the USA and Austria. Kilian Fischhuber (Austria) took first place in the men's competition and Alex Johnson (USA) took the top spot in the women's. The USA took the team prize on home turf.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=06&year=2008#n44727
 seagull 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Good effort. I'm sure if he gets really psyched for comps then he will do even better in the future. Provided Ondra doesn't decide to enter them.....

galpinos 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Well done Tyler, I didn't even know he was on the team!

Could someone post the womens results up? All the sites showing them are blocked at work.
 Adam Lincoln 10 Jun 2008
In reply to galpinos:
> Well done Tyler, I didn't even know he was on the team!

He isn't but it was happening not far from where he was living.
 seagull 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

I didn't realise he'd never competed at this level before. Even more impressive.
 biscuit 10 Jun 2008

another problem with this forum is people having a go at others for no reason.

I reckon he made the assumption from the article where he says that he'd never competed at a world cup event before.

Adam Lincoln 10 Jun 2008
In reply to biscuit:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln)
>
> another problem with this forum is people having a go at others for no reason.
>
> I reckon he made the assumption from the article where he says that he'd never competed at a world cup event before.

Correct, never at bouldering. He used to do the leading world cups.

galpinos 10 Jun 2008
In reply to all:

No joy with the women's results then? Please....
 Bill Davidson 10 Jun 2008
In reply to galpinos:

1. Johnson Alex USA
2. Saurwein Katharina AUT
3. Stöhr Anna AUT
4. Hensley Tiffany USA
5. Zijlstra Vera NED
6. Puccio Alex USA
7. Gros Natalija SLO
8. Graftiaux Chloé BEL

There you go!
 galpinos 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Bill Davidson:

Thanks!
 biscuit 10 Jun 2008

Ah so you are now splitting hairs in order to get out of apologising.

Well done you - it makes you a much better person.
 biscuit 10 Jun 2008
In reply to biscuit:

and deleting your post too. Very clever
 Adam Lincoln 10 Jun 2008
In reply to biscuit:

I wasn't wrong, why should i say sorry! People on this forum jumping to conclusions!
 jl100 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Why delete your post then? if your going to be agressive at least have the balls to stand by your comment rather than being a wimp by deleting it and then still not admitting you were wrong.

great effort anyway.
 biscuit 10 Jun 2008

Believe me this is not going to turn into a slanging match and i can very easily forget it.

The fact that you can also forget it speaks volumes.
 jl100 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Dont post aggresive abusive things in future then if you dont want to face the consequences. People like you are a much greater proplem than the people who are overely enthusiastic about the acheivements of other who you criticise. If you post something stupid/agressive then either;

-Provide some entertainment and seek to prove it valid. or;
-Delete it and apologise.

Dont be such a wimp, stand up for what you beleive or admit when your wrong.

and yet, you're still posting. Oh the comedy.
In reply to midgets of the world unite: Pedant alert. Adam is also incorrect. Tyler has never done a World Cup, he has merely done a few European Youth Series events and a few World Youth Championships getting 2 final spots in the WYCH along the way.

Ty was very impressive in Vail and was well worth his 6th place. Especially when you consider he only finished high school and had his tonsils out 2 weeks beforehand.

The comp was pretty good on the finals day with a massive crowd cheering anything that pulled on. The noise when Killian came out to do the last problem, knowing he had to flash it to win, was deafening. Likewise when Anna came out for the last problem knowing she had to do it to win - she had both hands on the finishing hold but couldn't hold it. Alex was screaming encouragement to her competitor and said she didn't care about winning, she just wanted to see the problem done.

seagull 10 Jun 2008
In reply to midgets of the world unite:

Did I miss something here?
 seagull 11 Jun 2008
In reply to Graeme Alderson:
> (In reply to midgets of the world unite) Pedant alert. Adam is also incorrect.

About what? I want to know what the deleted post was!

In reply to seagull: Adam was incorrect about Ty competing in previous World Cups. I have no idea what the deleted post said.

Graeme

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...