UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Meet Pete Robins - A Photo Profile

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 22 Jul 2008
Pete Robins is one of Britain's most talented trad climbers. His natural flair and quirky approach to climbing are documented in this in-depth photo interview.

“There are no routes in the UK harder than E7, except the Indian Face at E9”

"I'd definitely swap Burbage Valley for Ogwen, or Curbar for Cloggy perhaps."

Want to meet Pete Robins...

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1016
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: The layout of that article is really annoying. I'm having to scroll horizontally, which is a right pain the @rse!
 withey 22 Jul 2008
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:

Seconded
 john howard 1 22 Jul 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Great article Jack ,fair play
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: quality article. I agree with the first statement more than the second though, although i haven't tries to onsight the Indian (yet).
 Morgan Woods 22 Jul 2008
In reply to Franco Cookson:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC) onsight the Indian

is that an un-rehearsed visit to Llanberis Spice?

anyway yes...very absorbing article Jack.....a cut above the usual climber interview.
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Excellent - thanks.

jcm
 Jus 22 Jul 2008

Very good, I look forward to reading the whole thing later.

ps. no probs viewing it on my screen.
bushman 22 Jul 2008

I have a quick question - how do dudes like Pete train to keep at such a high level of climbing? I take it it's not down the wall every Tuesday and Thursday and then out at the weekend? Or is it because they have been climbing since they were kids and their fingers / body has been conditioned to the required effort that they don't have to train as us mere mortals? Or is it all in the head?

Excellent article Jack
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 22 Jul 2008

Great article Jack - thanks.

Neil
 BelleVedere 22 Jul 2008
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC) The layout of that article is really annoying. I'm having to scroll horizontally, which is a right pain the @rse!

Agree about the scroll'y thing - i will wait and read it at home on the big monitor and then comment on the content,

OP Jack Geldard 22 Jul 2008
In reply to es & others: The article should display normally for most monitors. Try force refreshing your browser if the photo's are next to each other horizontally as I updated the code earlier to allow for people with small screens.

If it still doesn't work for you then I'm afraid it is a toss up between making the photo's smaller or making a few people scroll to see the text.

Jack
SI A 22 Jul 2008

great article.

i have the same issue with horizontal scrolling. photos fine but script is about seven letters too wide. i have 15 inch monitor.
 Rachael Barlow 23 Jul 2008

Nice work Jack.

In reply to Bushman - he climbs like he does because he climbs - no time for training - not to mention wholesome home cooking.
bushman 23 Jul 2008
In reply to Rachael Barlow:

Climbing and cooking is the key then...watch this space!
 Apollo 23 Jul 2008

Good stuff!
adderz 23 Jul 2008

from one of the pics i can see you've ruined the suspense for the upcoming 'onsight' dvd!
 Ropeboy 24 Jul 2008

I was fortunate to climb a couple of times with Pete and it was always a pleasure.

J
 Lurking Dave 30 Jul 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Nice. Good article as said above an improvment on the typical interview.

Cheers
LD
 jabley 06 Aug 2008
I climbed with Pete a few times when I lived in Sheffield. He was just the nicest bloke. I remember one time being out at Higgar East with him and Jon Barton, struggling to keep the snow off the slopers on Piss. Pete rapidly did Piss and soon had done Shit as well. But the main thing that he was excited about was going home to have a roast chicken!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...