UKC

Saturdays Daily Telegraph - Weekend section

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 craig h 09 Aug 2008
Anyone else read this? There is a nice article about the top 50 outdoor places to swim in the UK (swam in 15 of them

The cover photo and inside text says the photo is of Wastw*ter, I'm sure this is a mistake as I think it's Llyn Idwal.

Have the news papers got thier facts wrong again, or should I get out on the hills more?
In reply to craig h: Dont know I bought the Times this morning
satori 09 Aug 2008
In reply to craig h:

not seen the article.

> I'm sure this is a mistake as I think it's Llyn Idwal.

isn't Llyn Idwal notorious for warm surface layers covering very cold deep water, with a lot of swimmers getting into trouble over the years?

i've always had it in my mind that it's not one to swim in, despite looking inviting.
nonymouse 09 Aug 2008
In reply to craig h: Does look more like Idwal to me - and I've seen both enough times.
nonymouse 09 Aug 2008
In reply to craig h: ps Why have you put an asterisk in "Wastw a ter"?
OP craig h 09 Aug 2008
In reply to nonymouse:

Wasn't me, was wondering who put the tw*t in Wastw*ter?
OP craig h 09 Aug 2008
In reply to satori:

I think many of the mountain lakes can have similar hazards. I always try and stay within my depth, a nice place just to dangle your feet in though after a day in the hills.
satori 09 Aug 2008
In reply to craig h:
> (In reply to satori)
>
> I think many of the mountain lakes can have similar hazards. I always try and stay within my depth, a nice place just to dangle your feet in though after a day in the hills.

i'd agree with all your sentiments there. something special about having a little mountain lake to yourself on a hot day.

i'll do something rare on ukc and admit my mistake.

i was thinking of Lynn Padarn - i think the accident numbers are high due to accessibility.

stewart murray 09 Aug 2008
In reply to craig h: I thought that it was Lyn Idwal as well Craig.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...