UKC

LOCAL NEWS: Hard repeats in Northern Ireland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 12 Aug 2008
On Friday 8th August Andy Marshall and Eddie Barbour headpointed the 4th and 5th ascents of Tolerance E8 6c on Binian Tor, Northern Ireland.

Later the same day, Marshall and Barbour turned their attention to Thrill Issues of the Jellyman E7 6b, an unrepeated route of Ricky Bell's.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=08&year=2008#n45254
 john howard 1 12 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:
Awesome effort!That's a class shot on the news page, any more photos?
OP Jack Geldard 12 Aug 2008
In reply to john howard 1: You're right - it is a superb photo. The rock looks amazing.
 john howard 1 12 Aug 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Yeah, Mournes granite is amazing!Have you ever been on it yourself?Anyway I found some more shots of Eddie Barbour and Andy Marshall on the route to drool at here -> http://www.hillerscapes.co.uk/
The photos are on page one of the rock climbing section-that mantle move looks heinous!The photos are all by Craig Hiller who was involved in Underdeveloped, you should check out the rests of the pics on his site-they're all amazing, really makes you want to be there.

Ah ha! The new Podsacs boy - well done Eddie - nice photogenic black t-shirt eh?

That place looks so amazing. I'm definitely going next year to Ireland - Is there going to be another Irish Meet at Fairhead again next year in the same vein as this year?

Niall 12 Aug 2008

Well done guys! Hard climbs on Binnian are even more impressive if you realise that the walk-in is practically vertical
 doz generale 12 Aug 2008

very nice! . ive climbed at binian tors and it's great. no where near their league! i have pics of the mournes on here for anyone thats interested
 John Cooke 12 Aug 2008

Fantastic, very inspiring! Well done.
 DannyC 13 Aug 2008

It's amazing to see so many young Irish boys repeating the big routes at home - especially when you think how few people live in NI. Great stuff.

Just booked my ferry home for ten days in September so checking the long distance forecast already.

Danny
(marktomlinson) 16 Aug 2008
In reply to Niall: ed is a cripple as well, he only has one foot
 harry1969 18 Aug 2008
In reply to DannyC: If September turns out to be anything like August has been over here then I'd cancel that ferry ticket!!! It's been crap weather nearly every day.

Harry
 jkarran 18 Aug 2008

That is a superb photo! The rock looks awesome, I really do need to get away from my little island more often.

Is that 4 sky hooks tucked into the heather? Nice.

jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...