UKC

Are the parking charges at Stanage Plantation enforced?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 29 Aug 2008
Are the parking charges at Stanage Plantation enforced?
Cheers Beds
 EarlyBird 29 Aug 2008
In reply to J1234:

I've inadvertently neglected to pay a couple of times without retribution.
 Swig 29 Aug 2008
In reply to J1234:

It didn't used to be the case that the could legally enforce them in these park carparks. I'm not aware of them changing that. Sometime I pay sometimes I don't depending on whether I've got ready cash, in a hurry or whatever.
J1234 29 Aug 2008
In reply to J1234:
Thanks
 j_duds 12 Sep 2008
In reply to J1234:
i saw a ranger type person checking the parking stickers in cars w/s, but that was last april.
 idiotproof 12 Sep 2008
In reply to J1234:

You know that you can get National Park yearly parking passes for about £20 if you live in the park... well I live in Buxton just outside the park, do you think I could still get one. Or even try and get one via my mums address that is in the park?
 Jenny C 12 Sep 2008
In reply to idiotproof:
> (In reply to bedspring)
>
> You know that you can get National Park yearly parking passes for about £20 if you live in the park... well I live in Buxton just outside the park, do you think I could still get one. Or even try and get one via my mums address that is in the park?

My parents live in Sheffield and have (had?) one - it's also transferable between different cars which is handy.

J1234 12 Sep 2008
In reply to Jenny C:
I didn`t even see a ticket machine
 deepsoup 12 Sep 2008
In reply to idiotproof:

The Peak Park Authority parking passes cost 15 quid (for 1 year) if you live in the park, 30 quid if you live outside (doesn't matter where) and 20 quid for 'senior citizens' who live outside the park.

It only covers the Peak Park's own carparks though, not water board ones etc. (like Fairholmes, for example). The peak carparks most relevant to climbers are prolly Hollin Bank (Stanage Plantation), Curbar Gap and Surprise View (Millstone/Lawrencefield).

To get one, you fill in this form:
http://www.peakdistrict.org/carpark.pdf
and post it back to the PDNPA with a cheque.

Blurb here: http://www.peakdistrict.org/parking.htm

As I understand it (could be wrong), the charges didn't used to be enforceable because of something to do with the PDNPA's constitution. That was changed a few years ago and now the charges can be enforced. (Though I've no idea how often they make the effort to actually do it.)

hth
Sx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...