UKC

VIDEO LINK: Sonnie Trotter Climbing Rhapsody

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 02 Sep 2008
Patagonia have a new movie section on their website.

This includes an excellent video by HotAches Productions featuring Sonnie Trotter climbing Rhapsody.

More info: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=09&year=2008#n45292
silo 02 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: wow!I wonder how many people are going to want to have a sneaky top rope after seeing the bolts at the top.
 Michael Ryan 02 Sep 2008
In reply to silo:

How many litres of hand sweat has/will this video stimulate?

Mine are soaked!
 Fraser 02 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Great vid - can't wait to see the full DVD on widescreen.

Excellent job, Hot Aches guys'n'gals!
 orge 03 Sep 2008
Great vid! Some of the other mountaineering documentaries are pretty good n' all.
Thanks,

J
Kai Seth 03 Sep 2008
In reply to orge: The Gerry Lopez video is my Dad's favourite. Thanks for the link chaps.
 TobyA 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: I'm sad but I really enjoyed Steve House talking us through his ice tool collection.

Cool site.
 Enty 03 Sep 2008

Great vid. Somehow though it crashes my puter about halway through. Any ideas?

The Ent
 catt 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Enty:

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
 lummox 03 Sep 2008
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC) I'm sad but I really enjoyed Steve House talking us through his ice tool collection.
>

LOL ! At least you`re self aware : )
 beardy mike 03 Sep 2008
In reply to TobyA: I enjoyed it too - made me want to buy axes...
 Max factor 03 Sep 2008
In reply to mike kann:

That Corey bloke talking about their uber-lightweight/ near death experience on Great Trango Tower (i hope i've got that right):

"What you think is your limit is really about half of what you're capable of".

inspiring stuff.
 john howard 1 03 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Awesome vids, thanks to all involved.Really inspiring stuff.
 tobyfk 04 Sep 2008
Does anyone know what the giant roof Sonnie is doing at the start of the first video? Seems to be in Oz ... Grampians I am guessing. Looks amazing.
 Dave C 04 Sep 2008
In reply to tobyfk: Not seen the vid but I'd hazard a guess it could be Passport to Insanity at The Fortress?

http://unite.com.au/~u4264a/FortressInfo.htm

PS ADSL is so poor here at the moment I can't watch any on-line vids without an epic wait!
 TobyA 04 Sep 2008
In reply to Dave C: Nope not PTI. It's in a cave and looks quite differnt. I'll ask my mate Simon (who has actually climbed PTI!) as he knows the Grampians well.

I agree with Tobyfk, it looks amazing and looks like it should be a sport route, not a trad route.
 Dave C 04 Sep 2008
In reply to Dave C: It's Welcome to Barbados (29/30) in the Red Cave, Malcolm Matheson's 50 metre roof climb from somewhere around 1993.
 tobyfk 05 Sep 2008

I also recommend a nice video of Jebel Misht in Oman lurking in the Tin Shed. Brittany Griffith and other US sponsorati unknowingly doing the second ascent of a 1000m route called "Paradies der Fakire" .... they thought they were pioneering - some pedantic Brit living locally unkindly pointed out their error a month or two later .
 Dave C 05 Sep 2008
In reply to tobyfk:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
some pedantic Brit living locally unkindly pointed out their error a month or two later .

Anybody we know sir?
 tobyfk 05 Sep 2008
In reply to Dave C:

<cough>
 guitar88 07 Sep 2008

i cant find the video?? I have looked for ages, am i just being stupid........

Bulls Crack 07 Sep 2008
In reply to guitar88:

You have to go in the shed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...