UKC

I Want That Job! - Neil Gresham, Pro Climber and Coach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 22 Sep 2008
In this article series I Want That Job! I'm interviewing people from various professions within the climbing world. If you think your job is a dream come true (it has to be climbing related) and if you're willing to be interviewed - then drop me a line. Likewise if you can think of a job that you'd like to have - suggest it in the forums and I'll try and track someone down.

Neil Gresham needs no introduction. One of Britain's top climbers, excelling at all aspects of the sport, he appears to always be dangling off a sun-drenched tufa above an azure millpond sea. Does he actually have a job? Lets find out...

"The last 'truly professional' climbers in the UK were Ben and Jerry (there is a rumour that Moffatt has never done a day's 'conventional' work in his life!)"

"The worst days are trade shows. I used to love these when I was younger but now they're such a drag. There is always the same old hype about the end of show party, and they are always embarrassingly rubbish..."

Full Article: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1145

James Oswald 22 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:
A very good article from a very good coach.
Must say i'm rather jealous!!
Miss Bee 23 Sep 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Jack, a job I'd like to hear about would be a role behind the scenes at one of the gear manufacturers - one of the engineers or designers behind the hardware. I have an engineering degree that I regret never putting into use and have now decided (six years too late!) that this would be a job I'd like....

Cheers!
 Michael Ryan 23 Sep 2008
In reply to Miss Bee:

Fred Hall maybe at DMM?
Miss Bee 24 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Yep, sounds great (have you already interviewed him and I've missed it?!). Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...