UKC

Shoes for slim feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 owensum 13 Oct 2008
Heh,

Does anyone have any recomendations for models, or brands, of climbing shoes that are in general better suited towards a more slim fit?

I know the best answer is just to go to the shops an try them on, but I still havent found a pair that is really a 'proper' fit - the pain in my toes gets too much before there is a nice tight fit across my feet.

Lace ups seem to be the best bet - Ive got a pair of la sportiva miuras which arent bad, but I still can lace them up completely so both sides of the shoe are touching... and this just doesnt cut the mustard when I have to do some serious friction climbing!!

I know another possibility Ive heard of is to go for womens shoes as the fit is often slimmer - I dont know if that's true?

Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated
 GarethSL 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum: Most (probably all) Scarpa shoes have quite a narrow fit.
 Mike Stretford 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum: La Sportiva Mythos if you can find any.
 ArnaudG 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum:

Boreal Mutants. That's a bit cheeky 'cos I'm planing to sell a pair on as they really don't fit me. Otherwise Lakes' climber does them IIRC.

A.-
 Richard Hall 13 Oct 2008
In reply to Gaz lord: Not true.
 Richard Hall 13 Oct 2008
In reply to Papillon: Good call.
 Richard Hall 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum: Sounds like you are fitting the Miuras too big to me. They are not supposed to be a comfortable shoe.
 SGD 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum: I have slim feet too and I tend to get on better with the Womens specific shoes
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum: la sportiva vipers, good bloody luck finding them, and katanas good bloody luck affording them now, NOT scarpas, especially the new bunch.
nealtom 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum: I have slim feet and have a pair of Boreal lasers that i'm very happy with
 Becky E 13 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum:

Boreal Sol - Velcro low volume version of the Joker. They also do a laceup version (Lunar?), but they're pink. Some places market them as "women's" and some as "low volume" - I don't see as it makes much difference. If they fit then that's what matters surely?

La Sportiva are also pretty narrow I believe.
In reply to owensum:

I have a similar issue and find that Scarpa Visions fit my feet well. Only difficulty is finding somewhere that stocks them...
 KA_R36 13 Oct 2008
In reply to Becky E:
I would second the sols, and the lunas are like the joker lace up
 mrjonathanr 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Richard Hall:
Agreed, but there's nothing to stop someone buying ladies versions which are on a slimmer last.
OP owensum 16 Oct 2008
Ok, thanks a lot guys! A well spring of useful information, the katanas look like a possibility, not sure if I can get hold of boreal sols but I will try. and the mythos were something I was going to try out already, they do a womens version of this too.

reply to Richard Hall - yes, youre probably right. A year of much more regular climbing and bouldering has taught me just how much pain you can actaully take in your toes, and still climb... and also of course that shoes like muiras will stretch a lot so a very painful initial fit would have subsided to something more reasonable
Froooble 17 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum:
How about anasazi v2? Or the low volume velcros?
 pcrof 17 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum: I've got the same issue, and have found that womens shoes do give a much better fit. Previously had a pair of 5.10 diamonds which i'd buy in a heartbeat if i could find them! Scarpa thunders also fit perfectly although I didn't rate the rubber. Currently have a pair of verdes which i'm loving so far, apart from the slightly baggy heel. Hope this is helpful
 goosebump 17 Oct 2008
In reply to owensum:
My twopenneth - I have very slim, low volume feet and have real trouble fitting boots. Lace ups are the only way to go, with the laces going as far down to the toe as you can find. To date Ive worn la sportiva mythos (my first shoe), Scarpa Visions (if you can find these, buy them), and am now in Anasazi greens (couldnt stand the pinks, they were tortuous).
I have found no real difference between mens and womens shoes btw. Womens shoes can be just as baggy.
Good luck!!
 Andy Hardy 17 Oct 2008
In reply to goosebump:
> (In reply to owensum)
>

> I have found no real difference between mens and womens shoes btw. Womens shoes can be just as baggy.
> Good luck!!

Except that shops dont normally stock womens shoes in sizes above UK9

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...