UKC

NEW REVIEW: Pronuts from C.A.M.P, by TobyA

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 04 Nov 2008
Toby Archer tests out the Pronuts from CAMP.

They come in sets of seven, have a different sizing to other nuts and are: "a solid product that does what it says on the tin”.

In the market for a new set of nuts?

Read this review: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1153
 pottsworth 04 Nov 2008
In reply to UKC Gear:
I have seen these for £3 each in go outdoors a few times, so definately good value for money
 Stoke-Gaz 06 Nov 2008
In reply to pottsworth: if you look on eBay, i think the shop's called rescuesupply, you can get the full set for £35 plus p+p
 Hay 14 Nov 2008
In reply to UKC Gear:
They are hellish to remove on the second.
 TobyA 14 Nov 2008
In reply to Hay:

> They are hellish to remove on the second.

Interesting - but in what way? Because the wire is softer than wallnuts/rocks? Or for some other reason?
 Hay 14 Nov 2008
In reply to TobyA:
I think it is the ridges that do it.
They are wide and narrow (if you see what I mean). This means even the larger nuts can be placed in narrowish slots and have lots of the ridged surface in contact with any wee rugosities that will then jam them in. That and pretty floppy wires mean they can't be pulled out and a key is almost always needed.

Not sure why nuts need to be ridged at all....surely in a fall the downward force on the wedge creates outward force thus jamming the nut in place harder an harder. Ridges are pretty much superfluous to this action, no?

I only used them a few times on rough dolerite BTW.

Bruce
 Skyfall 14 Nov 2008
In reply to TobyA:

Have you seen them in double ended format (ooh err) - called Bolos I think?

Anyway, can't stand them in either format. Feel too light and rubbish I am afraid. Couldn't trust them.

Anyway, have you seen the new Baader-Meinhof film yet and what do you think?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...