UKC

Weather near you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Read 23 Nov 2008
Currently raining in Congletonm taking what little snow we had overnight with it. Roaches will be very wet!

Can anyone report about the eastern edges, please?
 sutty 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Dangerous this weather reporting. Stood on 'damp' step to check outside, whoops, not damp but black ice.

Icing sugar covering here in Harrogate, mizzle, day for taking pretty pictures if there is any snow near you.
Profanisaurus Rex 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

It was snowing but has now stopped. A very meagre few millimetres on the ground.
rich 23 Nov 2008
In reply to sutty: ouch

london cloudy with the barest possible minimum of now to be able to say 'ooh look, snow'

cold though - just got in from walking the dog and my hands are cold enough that it's making typing a bit more difficult
 Only a hill 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:
A dusting of snow at glen level in Glencoe (now being rained on). Looks like a fair bit has fallen on the mountains.
 Tony the Blade 23 Nov 2008
In reply to rich:
> (In reply to sutty) ouch
>
> london cloudy with the barest possible minimum of now to be able to say 'ooh look, snow'
>
> cold though - just got in from walking the dog and my hands are cold enough that it's making typing a bit more difficult

Yep - just waiting for the 1st 'Snow in London' thread to appear.

It's currently 1.1* outside - any colder and I'll have to put a hose pipe over the shed with a trickle of water, then sit and wait expectantly with my ice tools!

Sutty - you need your poons on next time you go out. :¬)

{btw, is there a 'degree' symbol on my keyboard, couldn't find it so had to use the *}
 sutty 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Using the numpad at your computer while holding the ALT key, type 0176

16°

Yay it worked, but you have to have numlock on to do it.©

http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelried/keyboard_shortcuts.html
 PontiusPirate 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Sky clearing to patching cloud here in Bratfud - no snow
Ground looks very damp & no wind (as yet, forecast implies that it'll pick up soon)
... might make it to the (Shipley) Glen this afternoon...?

PP.

johnwright 23 Nov 2008
In reply to PontiusPirate:

Damn cold and wet in Wakefield, what liitle snow we had has now gone. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
In reply to sutty:

Ok, let's have a go...

The temp is currently 1.1°

Yehey it worked - nice one fella.

Tony the Blade™

{no stopping me now}
rowen root 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read: Strong wind and rain during the night here a couple of miles west of Elidir Fawr North Wales. Cloud just clipping the tops at 3000ft. No snow vissible at the moment, pressure 1000mbs temp 7.8c.
Profanisaurus Rex 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Snow now pretty much melted
 craig h 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Just cold, wet and grey in the Chew Valley - typical sort of day!
 anansie 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Grey, wet and cold in Leicester. Going to the Reel Rock thingy here later..may need to look oot me wellies ;oP
In reply to Masood:
> (In reply to Jon Read)
>
> Snow now pretty much melted

Yep, and now peshing doon!

Oh well, I've only my bathroom to re-grout and seal.

After watching Utd demolish Charlton 1st.
 ebygomm 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Dusting of snow just north of Nottingham, now mostly washed away by the rain
 DaveWarb 23 Nov 2008
In reply to ebygomm: A decent dusting of snow on Yorkshire Moors(2-3cms)but the sun is shining now and it is melting fast.
 sutty 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

#Sunshine for last hour, drying out. Almscliff and any scarp in the sun should have some routes to do soon.
In reply to Jon Read:

Now basking in glorious 10° sunshine!

I just don't get it - 4 seasons in one day!

Tony the Blade©
 petestack 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Only a hill:
> A dusting of snow at glen level in Glencoe (now being rained on). Looks like a fair bit has fallen on the mountains.

Likewise Kinlochleven (surprise, surprise!).

PontiusPirate 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Couldn't persuade the rest of the crew to get out to Shipley Glen, so had to compromise on Leeds Wall... freezing cold Westerly, but rather sunny this afternoon! Oh well - I had a good session anyway.

PP.

Kimono 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

blue skies and about 34 degrees here in Nouakchott today! not much climbing to speak of though...
Removed User 23 Nov 2008
In reply to Jon Read:

Clear skies and up to about 5 degrees although down to -10 tonight. Recent snow has just melted but I expect the next fall will stay.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...