UKC

Fargo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 07 Dec 2008

Great film in a violent odd sort of way. Very good portrayal of the prairie in winter.
Dr Strabismus 07 Dec 2008
In reply to Removed User:

Yarrr!
 Steve Parker 07 Dec 2008

Definitely works best when you think it's a true story, but great film anyway. Did you hear the story about the Japanese woman who believed it and travelled to the US to look for the money? She was having a nervous breakdown of some kind and ended up dying in the snow or something. Weird story anyway.
Removed User 07 Dec 2008
In reply to Steve Parker:

The rally bizarre bit was the "sub plot" about the policewoman's ex-boyfriend. WTFWTA?
 Dom Whillans 07 Dec 2008
he was kinda funny looking...
 martin heywood 08 Dec 2008

I was disapointed (is this spelled incorrectly, I have gone blank) in this film.
ftony 08 Dec 2008

great film. i watched it a few days ago and blew me away, even though i've seen it about half a dozen times. that part of the world really gets me going too...
 Steve Parker 08 Dec 2008
> (In reply to Removed UserSteve Parker)
>
> The rally bizarre bit was the "sub plot" about the policewoman's ex-boyfriend. WTFWTA?

Yeah, not too sure that needed to be in there really. Just the Coen brothers being a bit too postmodern, I suspect. They do like to have a private little larf, though.
 Leelogs 08 Dec 2008

I agree, great film. Most films by the Coen Brothers (in my opinion) are brilliant. Especially The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona, Barton Fink and O Brother Where Art Thou?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...