UKC

el chorro guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cragdog al 08 Dec 2008
anyone recieved theirs yet? it was released today wasnt it?
 Morgan Woods 08 Dec 2008
In reply to Cragdog al:

c'mon guys, throw us a bone.....i'm heading back out next week....will i be able to pick it up in london before i go? Any plans to send some to the Finca or other shops in Chorro?
In reply to Cragdog al:

We are expecting stock this week still. I am still waiting for the printers to confirm exactly when though. I'll post on here and the Rockfax site when I know.

Cheers

Alan.
In reply to Cragdog al:

Looks like it will be Friday before we get stock. They should all go out on Friday though so either Saturday morning or Monday for most copies.

Alan
 Morgan Woods 08 Dec 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

cheers Alan......hope i can get it in time.

just curious about the inclusion of sector Canada.....the one route i tried there (the alleged 6c+) was a real bag and the rest of the sector didn't seem much better.
In reply to Morgan Woods:

It isn't the best climbing for sure, but it does have a handful of decent routes at friendly grades, and the feedback we have on them is good.

Alan
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 08 Dec 2008
> just curious about the inclusion of sector Canada.....the one route i tried there (the alleged 6c+) was a real bag and the rest of the sector didn't seem much better.

I've just realised that I am getting my sectors confused. Canada doesn't have any easy routes but does appear to have a lot of stars. I would have to ask Mark what the sketch is there before commenting. I thought you guys were dissing Sector Austria!

Alan
 PeteH 08 Dec 2008
Eep. I'm leaving bright'n'early Tuesday morning. Really hope it gets to me on Monday...

Wonder if it's worth trying to change my shipping options...

Pete.
 Kevin Bowser 08 Dec 2008

I flight out early on Monday....fingers crossed for Saturday then, but I reckon I'll be very lucky to get it in time
In reply to Cragdog al: Did the 6c+ and also upgraded the 7b (was 7a+) thought they were both pretty good pitches.

Mark Glaister
Did the 6c+ and also upgraded the 7b (was 7a+) thought they were both pretty good pitches. Top of 7b is very hard.

Mark Glaister
 Morgan Woods 09 Dec 2008
In reply to Mark Glaister:

Cheers Mark....i just thought the 6c+ was scrappy at the bottom, dusty and unbalanced with one very cruxy reach dependent move at he top....apart from that i'm sure it's fine

Alan - yes Austria is not bad for 5's and low 6's.
 Nic 09 Dec 2008

Austria / Canada...what's the difference? Have you thought about running for US President?
 Chris the Tall 09 Dec 2008
Does this mean you owe Offwidth a pint ?
In reply to Chris the Tall:

A thimbleful maybe. We are only late by 2 days really.

Alan
 martin heywood 09 Dec 2008
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Eer, thanks for directing me to my own comments Chris.
OP Cragdog al 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: cheers, look forward to it!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 10 Dec 2008
In reply to martin heywood:

Sorry about that - I hadn't realised that all the comments in there were yours!

Chris
In reply to Cragdog al:

Stock has been received and should be with the online distributors tomorrow. The orders will hopefully get sent out tomorrow and may (post permitting) arrive before the weekend.

Shops should get their stock by early next week.

Cheers

Alan
Brett PIerce 10 Dec 2008

Will any be sent this week to the climbing shop in El Chorro?
 Kevin Bowser 13 Dec 2008
In reply to MrFlibble: Arrived in the post this morning
In reply to Brett PIerce:
> Will any be sent this week to the climbing shop in El Chorro?

I don't know about that since they have to order from the distributors. Historically Spanish retailers have never been very quick at ordering new guides though so I would be surprised if any were there.

There are some copies in El Chorro though since someone has just taken a few out there, but these may sell pretty quickly so don't count on it. Safer to get a copy before you go.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...