UKC

ARTICLE: Writing Competition 3rd Place - Trespass, Katie Ives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 10 Dec 2008
Katie Ives was the Senior Editor for Alpinist Magazine. In her entry to the UKC writing competition she explores a relationship between two climbers, and their relationships with the world. Trespass is an emotive essay that captures in words what many people experience whilst climbing.

"With each movement upward, she seized another fragment of his world: the curtain where he'd hooked his axes and left small white shavings; the loose snow at the top, combed through with his tool marks, that she struck over and over, her legs shaking..."

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1488
 sutty 10 Dec 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

> combed through with his tool marks, that she struck over and over, her legs shaking...

Is it safe to read?
OP Jack Geldard 19 Dec 2008
In reply to sutty: I think so!
 fishy1 19 Dec 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: I thought it was pretty poor, to be honest. I never really think of climbing in a sexual sense.
 Marc C 19 Dec 2008
In reply to fishy1: Not my cup of tea - reads rather like the stylized romantic novels written by 'serious' American women authors (the type often seen lining 'quality' charity shop bookshelves). Maybe I'm just bitter n twisted that my entry didn't come anywhere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...