UKC

Settle Loop MTB?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 2pints 12 Dec 2008
Anyone done it?

Looking at a nice ride to test out my new forks but not ridden in a while!

What's it like? Suitable for a lardy?

Ta
 Grit Wraith 12 Dec 2008
In reply to 2pints: Which loop? do you mean stockdale lane to Malham?
They are all suitable for lardies i supposed but a lardy would find the tracks from Gargrave, Otterburn etc easier. Stockdale lane is good though.
 Andy Hudson 12 Dec 2008
In reply to 2pints:
Where were you thinking of starting. If starting from settle and going up Stockdale its a steep hill at the start. The section over gorebeck is nice and easy going
OP 2pints 12 Dec 2008
In reply to Andy Hudson:
Yeh. looking at starting in Settle as car-less

The Loop I meant was the Pennine Bridleway thingy
 Andy Hudson 12 Dec 2008
In reply to 2pints:
> (In reply to Andy Hudson)
> Yeh. looking at starting in Settle as car-less
>
> The Loop I meant was the Pennine Bridleway thingy

Ok,
if you do it anto clockwise the steep uphill road section will be at the beginning, Once you leave the road it is rideable but the higher up yo get it becomes more technical intil you are level with

Andy Hudson 12 Dec 2008
In reply to 2pints:
> (In reply to Andy Hudson)
> Yeh. looking at starting in Settle as car-less
>
> The Loop I meant was the Pennine Bridleway thingy

Ok,
if you do it anti-clockwise the steep uphill road section will be at the beginning, Once you leave the road it is rideable but the higher up you get it becomes more technical until you are level with kirkby fell then theres a downhill section and return via Gorbeck which is easy riding all the way back to settle

If you do it clockwise theres a steepish off road bit to start then fields and then Gorbeck which is easy riding, then over to Kirkby fell (uphill) and down to stockdale farm (downhill technical) then down steep hill into settle.

It all depends what you want at the start- Steep on road and technical uphill or steep off road and fields. The gorbeck (middle) section is easy either way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...