UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Chris Sharma on Golpe De Estado 9b?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 18 Dec 2008
Chris Sharma has managed to make the first ascent of Golpe de Estado in the El Pati-sector of Siurana, Spain; a possible new 9b.

Josh Lowell from Big Up Productions just got in touch with us:

"We just posted the segment of Chris working on Golpe De Estado from Dosage V. It's on our site as a free clip so people can check out what the climbing is like now that he's done it. Would be great if you guys want to link over. We als...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=12&year=2008#n45515
 Cragdog al 18 Dec 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: interesting post climb chat, 'ill either do allof them, one of them, or none of them!'. But great climbing though. i like all the power screams.
 Lord_ash2000 18 Dec 2008
Great climbing, but what has he done to the end of his rope?
 GDes 18 Dec 2008
hells bells that looks hard. Has anyone else (Andrada, Graham, Julien etc) been trying this line too? Is he at a different level to those boys or just trying different stuff?
 jas wood 18 Dec 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
i,ve seen clips of hard climbing but that sloping lip with no feet in un believable !

route looks very very hard.
 James Oswald 18 Dec 2008
Very impressive. Not much in what I call the "good holds department".
But i guess it is 9b...........
 James Oswald 24 Dec 2008
I assume the crux is the part where he falls off?
 krank 24 Dec 2008
In reply to james oswald:
Nope, the crux is that easy bit where he has a rest and starts writing his xmas cards
 James Oswald 24 Dec 2008
I was referring to the technical crux not the redpoint crux by the way.
 seagull 24 Dec 2008
In reply to james oswald:

I don't know but as the bit he falls off seems to be near the top I'd guess no as the route is a 9a into an 8c+ so the hardest moves are likely to be in the direct start bit. This is total guesswork though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...