UKC

NEW ARTICLE: End of Year: Bouldering 2008 by Tyler Landman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 30 Dec 2008
Tyler Landman takes us through his bouldering pick of 2008. Featuring Dave Graham, Paul Robinson, Daniel Woods, Alex Puccio and others.

This article combines Tyler's in-depth knowledge of cutting edge bouldering with a selection of videos of some of the World's hardest boulder problems.

Don't miss the video footage of The Island (8C), Practice of the Wild (8C), New Base Line (8B+) and more.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1484
 Chris F 30 Dec 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Good Article, except I'm pretty sure "Moistee Maise" in the SA section should be "Mooiste Meisie" (Afrikaans for Nicest / Prettiest Girl).
 James Oswald 30 Dec 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:
Also should asses in the 4th section be assess?

And what is a bloc?
 James Oswald 30 Dec 2008
Very impressive and great article showing some clearly talented and strong boulderers.
James
OP Jack Geldard 30 Dec 2008
In reply to Chris F: Thanks Chris. Updated.
 Karl Bromelow 30 Dec 2008

Enjoyed the video of Tyler Practice in/of the Wild. Took me back to those hedonistic days as the publicity sec of the Leeds Uni Folk Club. Had me finger in me ear all the way and have spent the rest of the evening searching for me pewter tankard. I won that for completing the Tetley marathon. 26 pints in 26 different Tetley pubs. That's 1 pint per pub of, course not, 676 pints total. Which is how they'd run it now. Eeeeeeh, by 'eck!

What's a compression problem? And who's 'Woods'?

jcm
 Chris F 30 Dec 2008
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

A compression problem is when you lose integrity in the engine cylinder and can cause misfires and inefficient burning of fuel.

“Climbing in the Rocklands offers a variety of styles from gymnastic to technical. The rock is perfectly sculpted and comfortable to climb on, nothing is aggressive. It is by far the best bouldering in the world and a life experience.” - Daniel Woods

or Magic Woods.
 HughM 30 Dec 2008
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

> What's a compression problem?
See the picture of Dave Graham on The Island in the article for a perfect example of a compression problem. It's a problem which involves moves which feel like you are squeezing (i.e. compressing) the rock between your hands.

And who's 'Woods'?
Daniel Woods. Referred to numerous times in the article before Tyler refers to him by just his surname.

TimS 30 Dec 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Good article - I reckon Graham's ascent of Big Paw V15 probably deserved a mention? http://www.bigupproductions.com/#/blog/467/
bernd Zangerl 02 Jan 2009
nice article...some infos right, some info wrong.......i just wanted to indicate/ inform ty, that the repeater of MEMENTO....in 2008..found a new solution !! that makes the start easier.......but of course the jump is still the same. ....somehow nobody noticed that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...