UKC

Flying direct from Manchester to Las Vegas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 01 Jan 2009
Looking for flights from Manchester to Las Vegas and wondered if anyone has any recommendations and also if anyone has flown direct. If a direct flight is not available can anyone recommend quickest option for say less than £400 return.
 marsbar 01 Jan 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson: I can't do a recommendation, but it looks like delta do direct flights, you could look on their website, and a quick google suggests air france might be cheap for non direct flights.
 vincentvega 01 Jan 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson:

have you checked out sta travel??

http://ibe.statravel.co.uk/AniteXmlGateway.aspx
In reply to Andy Hudson:

BMI direct is by far the best option if you can get a good price. The only other direct flight is Mytravel charter and not great.

Have recently been via Philadelphia with US Airways which was cheap - and Phil was by far the easiest US airport to transit through that I have used.
 ebygomm 01 Jan 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson: flew manchester to las vegas via atlanta with us airways. Was booked through opodo which was much cheaper than booking through the airline.
 chris fox 01 Jan 2009
In reply to Jonathan Lagoe - UKC:

I flew with US Airways in April, got delayed at Pheonix as there were storms in Phili, ended up running like "Linford" through the airport to get my connection!!!!
 Alan M 01 Jan 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Have you tried other airports? I usually find that the cheapest direct long haul flights are generally to be found from Heathrow.

Search the airline alliance websites such as One World or the Virgin Flying club etc you can generally get cheaper flights from Manchester connecting through Heathrow than you can direct from Manchester itself. This year I have connected in Heathrow 6 Times frrm Manchester due to finding cheaper tickets.

Have a look.

Alan M 01 Jan 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson:

When do you want to go?? there are plenty of package deals from Manchester on Expedia including flights and Hotels for £450 per person.

Have you considered a flight and hotel deal? even if you don't use the hotels the package is around the same price you want to pay for just flights.

Just an idea
 smallclimber 02 Jan 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson:
A couple of years ago Virgin did the only "non-stop" route from the Uk to Las Vegas. I think from Gatwick and it wasn't cheap.
If you are planning to climb (I assume you are going to climb...) it may be cheaper to fly to LA (numerous non-stop cheap flights) and drive to Las Vegas, stopping for some climbing at Joshua Tree on the way.
 The New NickB 02 Jan 2009
In reply to marsbar:
> (In reply to Andy Hudson) I can't do a recommendation, but it looks like delta do direct flights, you could look on their website, and a quick google suggests air france might be cheap for non direct flights.

I doubt anyone could legitimately recommend Delta.
In reply to Andy Hudson:

My word of advice would be to travel direct if you can. I went through Philly, and despite how good the airport was, the next aircraft went tits up. The result was an unexpected 6-7 hour delay, and that meant that we didn't get on the rock the next day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...