UKC

Bouldering Leeds/Bradford area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Galilao 12 Jan 2009
Hi.
If indoors, I normally use the Leeds wall or the sports centre at Huddersfield.
I had heard rumour of a bouldering specific centre to be opened in Jan by Steve Dunning (The Climbing Depot??) in the area and wondered if anyone knew anything? Last thing I heard was of possible sites in the Pudsey area. Anyone confirm this info?
Also heard that some skate-park in Leeds had scraped ramp-space in favour of a boulder wall. Is this right? Is it in use already?
Any news is good news and my thanks in advance...
OP Galilao 12 Jan 2009
In reply to Andy Hudson: Brilliant! Do you know how far it is from Leeds station?
 snoop6060 12 Jan 2009
In reply to Galilao:

About 20 mins on foot? Roughly, anyway.
OP Galilao 12 Jan 2009
In reply to Galilao: OK, cool. What of Steve Dunnings venture, rumoured to be in the Pudsey area and aslo due to open in Jan? Had heard it was to be called "the climbing depot"
 snoop6060 12 Jan 2009
In reply to Galilao:

Dont think it ever was going to open, at least not anytime soon. The rumour in the Leeds wall (and its exactly that, a rumour) was that it was only annonced to try and steal the thunder from the impending announcement that CityBloc was going to open.

From what I gather its not even got planning permission and ive not heard of anyone who's been offered a job following the 'annoucement'. Seems to figure given that its been mighty quiet since the intial post.
OP Galilao 13 Jan 2009
In reply to snoop6060: Well I don't see why anyone would want to steal thunder, but hey!
A dedicated bouldering centre in west yorkshire will be brilliant! Just a shame it's not on the Bfd side really, they'd make more money too with Leeds already having a wall from those on both the Halifax and Keighley side. (I reckon)
Still. The plan for citybloc looks great and I can't wait for a play!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...