UKC

5.10 V-miles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 17 Jan 2009
any good????
discuss.

Big love,

Me
In reply to bouldery bits: Best boots I've ever used, perfect fit, comfortable for all-day wear, precise, etc. But apparently some people absolutely hate them! YMMV
 Rawstron1 18 Jan 2009
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Love mine too. So much so that after buying my first pair I shortly went back to the shop and bought another in case they stopped making them!!
Another perhaps less useful comment. They look awesome too! They are the best looking rock boots that I have ever seen!
philip king 20 Jan 2009
In reply to bouldery bits:
Love 5.10 shoes, hated the fit of these and went for the Spires instead. Currently use the slipper for indoor use, Rock Tens for sport and Spires for trad.

Note that all the above are in different sizes as 5.10 can't seem to make shoes that are consistently sized, just very good climbing shoes.
 Matt Schwarz 20 Jan 2009
In reply to bouldery bits: i find them masisvely comfy, only problem is they stretched more than i expected, means i have to get them as tight as they'll go now.
 Kevin Bowser 20 Jan 2009
In reply to bouldery bits: As all-round boots I think they're great. But I tend to avoid using them on anything with small, sharp footholds (i.e. limestone) and use some boots with less padding on the sole.
 tomdude 21 Jan 2009
In reply to bouldery bits:

I was really excited when I got them but not so much anymore - the soles are too stiff. This means they also haven't stretched in a way that makes my toes more comfortable than when I bought them....

Old shoes were Scarpa thunder, which I loved. What I actually wanted for long comfy trad days were Scarpa Marathons, which I have now found secondhand and unused.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...