UKC

NEWS: Credit 'Crush' Problem Sparks Race for Cash

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 19 Jan 2009
In the recent bouldering competition at The Climbing Works in Sheffield, Percy Bishton, doing his bit to stave off the economic downturn, offered a £50 cash prize to the first climber to complete two of his 'special' problems...

"The scene as both guys fought their way up the problems simultaneously was amazing - both problems worth at least 7b+ or harder and monstrously physical. In the end Ryan just managed to hit the finishing hold..."

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=01&year=2009#n45567
 Jordan B 19 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:
Good effort to Ryan, but The Barrans made up for it the next day by making a rare on sight of Little Women E7 7A at apparent north, Stanage.
Pretty amazing considering that most folk were finding the conditions a little too cold for bouldering. Problem is you dont get 50 pounds for an e7...
 Ian Patterson 19 Jan 2009
In reply to Jordan:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
> Good effort to Ryan, but The Barrans made up for it the next day by making a rare on sight of Little Women E7 7A at apparent north, Stanage.

Sounds impressive - is it rare or unique? I wouldn't think John Welford E7 7a's are prime candidates for soft touch E7 onsights!

craig d 19 Jan 2009
In reply to Jordan:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
> Good effort to Ryan, but The Barrans made up for it the next day by making a rare on sight of Little Women E7 7A at apparent north, Stanage.
> Pretty amazing considering that most folk were finding the conditions a little too cold for bouldering. Problem is you dont get 50 pounds for an e7...

Great effort but was it on-sight as he belayed you on it Jordan?
 Jordan B 19 Jan 2009
In reply to craig d:
defo onsight, altho i had the first go i did not get very far and was not using the correct sequence. He had no other knowledge of the route other than how to down climb the first move!!
Anonymous 19 Jan 2009
In reply to Jordan: Was this Tursday last week? If so it was atmospheric when we left!

PS good effort
 craig d 20 Jan 2009
In reply to Jordan:

Great effort! It looked well hard when i saw your first try.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...