UKC

VIDEO ARTICLE: Colton-MacIntyre, Grande Jorasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 22 Jan 2009
The north face of the Grande Jorasses is a magnet for modern Alpinists. Tucked high up the Leschaux glacier, the mountain has maintained some of its inaccessibility, an adventurous place, quiet and still, away from the ski lifts and noise of neighbouring Chamonix.

British Alpinists Nick Bullock, Kenton Cool and Matt Helliker recently climbed the Colton-MacIntyre route, and they have put together a short video of their experience.

Read the article and watch the video:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1582
 GrahamD 22 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Two thoughts:

1) Having seen that I'm even more impressed by Steck's achievement.
2) If my leader was filming me as I was climbing, I think I'd be tempted to put the camera where the sun don't shine !
 beardy mike 22 Jan 2009
In reply to GrahamD: Magicplates I guess... Great vid though...
 Ed Booth 22 Jan 2009
In reply to GrahamD: Yeh they will most likely be using magic plates or guide modes which many modern belay plates include. Therefore completey safe. Equally, i'm sure the likes of Bullock and Helliker wouldn't be too bothere by a bit of soloing going by their past records.
 Henry L Buckle 23 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Nice vid. Bloody awful music. The eighties are gone boys, your options are now twee pop or tuneful hip hop.

Michael Ryan 23 Jan 2009
In reply to Henry Loveless:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
>
> Nice vid. Bloody awful music. The eighties are gone boys, your options are now twee pop or tuneful hip hop.

Shows how out of touch you are Henry.

Alpine vid music zeitgeist is rock - cheezier the better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...