UKC

Camera Bag for Nikon DSLR50 with telephoto

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greenbanks 03 Feb 2009
So, I bought her the DSLR for Chrimbo, now with birthday coming up Mrs G wants a case/bag for the beast.

She wants a Nikon case which ideally will take the camera with a telephoto fitted (about 5" long - sorry to be un-teccy). Is the Nikon brand best - or are there other options (maybe cheaper) around. Ideally needed for outdoors (walking etc) but not rough & tumble adventure.

Advice if possible greatly appreciated. Cheers
 DougG 03 Feb 2009
In reply to Greenbanks:

I've got a wee LowePro one which is very well built.

Check which one suits best here:
http://www.lowepro.com/support/compatibility-charts
 orge 03 Feb 2009
In reply to Greenbanks:

I've never even looked at Nikon's bags, in fact I didn't even know they made them. Personally, I like crumpler, but I've also got a bag from Lowe Pro and a heavily padded bag from someone else.

There's loads of reviews and suggestions on the internet, so I think you (and the missus) would be best to search a bit or take a trip to the local camera shop.

J
OP Greenbanks 03 Feb 2009
In reply to DougG & Orge

Thanks - she seems to have a thing about the brand (Nikon) being a better fit etc. But from what I've seen the Lowepro range seems pretty sturdy.
 dek 03 Feb 2009
In reply to Greenbanks:
LOWE-PRO SLR pouch or case style. (nikon cases are poor for the outdoors)
7 day shop.com for a bargain!

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=777
 Blue Straggler 03 Feb 2009
In reply to Greenbanks:

Anything that fits and that has some padding!
I have a LowePro one bought years and years ago as an allrounder, ostensibly for a 35mm Minolta with short zoom, it was £20, it has taken plenty of rough and tumble. Don't overthink it.

Look up Thinktank bags too if you want something "impressive"
doingthebobs 09 Feb 2009
In reply to Greenbanks: The best are the Camera Care Systems bags, used to have a 30 year guarantee and were originally made for British Antarctic survey.
The firm closed down but their stock was bought out by some ebay traders and they are slowly selling it on the web.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...