UKC

Where to Ski tour/ Ski in Shropshire North/Mid Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dim Dringo 06 Feb 2009

Have been given two pairs of old ski mountaineering skis, bindings and skins. New (to me) Scarpa Denalis have arrived from ebay and have wangled a pair of poles, so am keen to get out and give them a whirl this weekend.

Anyone been out and about in the Shropshire or North/ Mid Wales area on their planks. Am not averse to a bit of a walk!!

Recommendations gratefully received!
 t p hubbard 06 Feb 2009
In reply to tim evans: Try the northen carneddau (Carnedd Llywellyn et al) - ideally this weekend, cos conditions will be great!
 Mike Peacock 06 Feb 2009
In reply to t p hubbard: A few weeks back I encountered two people with skis at Ffynnon Llugwy, they were heading up to Llewelyn to ski.
KA 06 Feb 2009
In reply to tim evans:
Pontesford Hill?!! Roel was up there the other day on his! I slid most of the way down Craft Valley on my bum.......until I hit the rocky bit near the end - ouch!
 Richard Baynes 06 Feb 2009
In reply to tim evans: Hmmm...You have been given two pairs of old skis, bindings and skins? I wonder... do you need two pairs, or is there just one of you... I might be open to offers to take the xtra ones off your hands...??
 jon 06 Feb 2009
In reply to tim evans:

Ian Parsons and I once had a couple of hours skiing untracked powder in his orchard in Redditch.
In reply to tim evans: Just skied up and down Moel Famau today. Cover a bit thin in places but a grand day out nevertheless.
KA 06 Feb 2009
In reply to tim evans:
Just been running on The Hill (Pontesford) and someone skiing down Craft Valley!!
 a_d_tru 07 Feb 2009
Anyone know what it's like up on Long Mynd? might head up there tomorrow morning, and it'd be nice if it was ski-able!
 sgl0jd 07 Feb 2009
In reply to tim evans:

Arenig Fawr's pretty good if the snow's deep enough
 Neil Anderson 07 Feb 2009
In reply to a_d_tru: Malvern Hills is skiable. I saw people travere them on skill on Friday am, and still plenty of snow today ( more fresh ski tracks too.) Alot of wind blown snow on southern/eastern aspects especially.

Judging by the views Clee hill ( and long mynd by association) will be skiable this weekend.

Hope this helps you. enjoy

Anyone know where you can hire touring skis in/around Malvern/hereford ?
 Mike Peacock 07 Feb 2009
In reply to tim evans: A friend has been out skiing on Y Garn today. He said it was excellent conditions for it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...