UKC

La Palma (Canarias), Barranco del Agua/la Madera topo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Harald 16 Feb 2009
I'm looking for info about climbing on La Palma (Canarias). The two biggest climbing areas are Barranco del Agua (Puntallana, La Palma) and Barranco la Madera (Santa Cruz de la Palma). Does anyone now where (on the internet?) to find topo's of these 2 areas?
In reply to Harald: Chris Craggs might be able to help point in right direction or Al Evans.

There are free topos here and there (search on forums on here).

A german does downloads

http://www.wandbuch.de/html/canaren.html
OP Harald 16 Feb 2009
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Thanks, but they've got no topos for La Palma. There's plenty to find on the Internet for Lanza, Gran and Tenerifa, but I'm looking for specific info about climbing on (Barranco del Agua and Barranco la Madera) La Palma. I remember seeing a topo of the routes in the Barranco del Agua on someone's blog, but can't find it anymore.
In reply to Harald: ok, soz
OP Harald 18 Feb 2009
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:

Found something to look for once on the island (from http://www.escuelasdeescalada.com/ficha.php?ID=64):
"Croquis en las tiendas Basalto (Tlf. 922 25 80 29) en La Laguna y M. Guerra Intersport (C/ La Salle, 26 y Centro Comercial Alcampo) en S/C de Tenerife). Revista Desnivel nÂș 115 (agotado) "
In reply to Harald:

Harald: do let me know what you find. I have to go to la palma a lot with work, and whilst the rock quality around the island is not exactly inspiring I wouldn't mind it if there were somewhere worth taking shoes out for...

OP Harald 19 Feb 2009
In reply to midgets of the world unite: Been to La Palma last year. Rock at Madara looked good, and the pics on the internet of Agua looked even better. But can't deny the fact La Palma is better known for its cycling and walking.

Will check for the topo when I'm on the island (end of april). If possible I will scan the topo and email it to you.
In reply to Harald:

fantastic! You're going before me but if you don't find it I'll have a look myself when I'm next out and return the favour.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...