UKC

NEWS: It's Hamer Time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Mar 2009
[Ed on Ben's Roof, 3 kb]Edward Hamer is 16 years old and has been climbing for 4 years. He is amassing quite a ticklist during his school holidays, with a very productive trip to North Wales late last year (UKC News).
He has just had another week off school and ticked the following in a brief 4 day...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=46282
 Jack Geldard 03 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: Thanks to Simon Lee for the inspiration for this headline!

And well done to Edward!

Jack
 Sandy Holford 03 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:

It does make me laugh, when you are young you can still think "im gona be that good when im older", then you realise that actually all the guys who are tearing it up are now your age or younger.....
 deacondeacon 03 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: Brilliant, in such a short space of time. Did he start climbing in November or move to the UK in November?
 ClimberEd 03 Mar 2009
In reply to Brunel Sport Monkey:

Ha, you're only 21 mate!!
 Jack Geldard 03 Mar 2009
In reply to deacondeacon: I believe he moved to the UK in November - from where I am not too sure.

It's a great effort. Go Ed!

Jack
 Tyler 03 Mar 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

What's "The Pocket" at Raven Tor?

I'm pretty sure I saw this guy and his brother on the Sissy last summer
 teddy 03 Mar 2009
In reply to Tyler:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
>
> What's "The Pocket" at Raven Tor?

The evocatively named 'Problem 2' in the guide.

James Oswald 03 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News:
That is bloody awesome, all in four days.
Well done to him.
James
Ackbar 03 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: Very impressive. Well done. But dodgy reporting here. So how long has Edward been climbing for in total?
 Chris the Tall 03 Mar 2009
> (In reply to UKC News) Thanks to Simon Lee for the inspiration for this headline!

He should be taken out and shot

I've now got that bloody song going through my head, along with strange visions of day-glo pantaloons

What's worse is this lad wasn't even born then !!
 Andy Farnell 03 Mar 2009
In reply to Tyler: I sure I saw him rip Raindog's to bit's. Well not literally, but he made it look rather straight forward. IIRC he had a crap sequence, poor footwork and stupidly strong arms.

Andy F
In reply to andy farnell:

I do hope he made use of the undercut mono sequence I managed to blinker my way through

Ed is a nice guy and a beast in the cave, props.
 Andy Farnell 03 Mar 2009
In reply to Richard Hession: He came across as a nice lad. Stoopidly strong, but nice.

Andy F
 Jack Geldard 03 Mar 2009
In reply to Ackbar: I have updated the report with a more clear description, he has been climbing for 4 years.

Cheers

Jack
 seagull 03 Mar 2009

"Edward Hamer is sponsored by Evolv"

Er.....

Good effort on these routes / problems. Quite a ticklist in such a short space of time.
 Cragdog al 06 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC News: Nah hes lived in england for like 14yrs or something, his location hasnt changed just his gun-power.
Awesome effort ed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...